Responsible for the production of parts meeting print and specification requirements. Also responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment. Train other operators, as required. Must show by example a commitment to continuous improvement. Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Production of parts meeting drawing and specification requirements in a safe manner.
- Set-up and operation of equipment, as assigned.
- Perform statistical process control measurements and calculations. Complete forms or computer entries as required.
- Order and maintain inventory levels of required tooling, gages and supplies.
- Participate in assuring team tooling and material readiness. (Assemble tooling set-up kits, stage raw materials and perform external setup tasks, as required)
- Participate in setting and achieving team and individual productivity and quality targets.
- Participate with team in continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform machine inspections including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks.
- Perform shop floor housekeeping duties.
- Prepare daily production reports and forms.
- Train other operators as required.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of production team and team leader.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Report all incidents including injuries, spills, fires, property damage, and near misses to their supervisor.
High school graduate or equivalent
-Experience and Background:
-Minimum of 5 years experience in precision metal forming
-Experience in assigned equipment set-up and operation.
-Ability to set-up and operate assigned equipment.
-Ability to train operators in equipment set-up and operation.
-Ability to read and interpret product prints.
-Ability to use inspection gages and instruments.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
-Must be able to read, write, and understand English
-Must be able to lift/move up to 30 lbs (may not exceed per EHS Policies)Preferred Qualifications
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.