Responsible for the production of parts meeting print and specification requirements. Also responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment. Train other operators, as required. Must show by example a commitment to continuous improvement. Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Production of parts meeting drawing and specification requirements in a safe manner.
- Set-up and operation of equipment, as assigned.
- Perform statistical process control measurements and calculations. Complete forms or computer entries as required.
- Order and maintain inventory levels of required tooling, gages and supplies.
- Participate in assuring team tooling and material readiness. (Assemble tooling set-up kits, stage raw materials and perform external setup tasks, as required)
- Participate in setting and achieving team and individual productivity and quality targets.
- Participate with team in continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform machine inspections including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks.
- Perform shop floor housekeeping duties.
- Prepare daily production reports and forms.
- Train other operators as required.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of production team and team leader.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Report all incidents including injuries, spills, fires, property damage, and near misses to their supervisor.
High school graduate or equivalent
-Experience and Background:
-Minimum of 5 years experience in precision metal forming
-Experience in assigned equipment set-up and operation.
-Ability to set-up and operate assigned equipment.
-Ability to train operators in equipment set-up and operation.
-Ability to read and interpret product prints.
-Ability to use inspection gages and instruments.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
-Must be able to read, write, and understand English
-Must be able to lift/move up to 30 lbs (may not exceed per EHS Policies)Preferred Qualifications