Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. Posting Summary:
The Production Technician is responsible for critical laboratory procedures and duties in the production of veterinary products. Technicians work with a variety of technical equipment while completing duties involved in cell culture, filling vials or packaging finished products for distribution. At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to all safety and company policies while performing assigned duties. Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to: Position Description
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement:
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Outlines of Production.
- Understand and comply with cGMP guidelines and complete and review documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare media, operate fermentation vessels, and perform necessary cleaning/disinfecting of equipment and laboratories.
- Work in a clean, aseptic environment (cleanroom environment).
- Produce viral fluids from roller bottle tissue cultures and/or bioreactors.
- Handling up to 600 roller bottles per operation, with manual opening and closing of bottle caps.
- Operate lab equipment including pumps, centrifuges, roller racks and miscellaneous instruments.
- Clean, wrap, and sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Assist in antigen processing or serial batching equipment set up, sterilization, and operation.
- Perform aseptic procedures during antigen processing or serial batching operations.
- Operate automated packaging line, fill machines, capping machines, freeze dryers, autoclaves, dry heat ovens, etc. in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintain concurrent records including manufacturing directions, log sheets, and all other pertinent documents.
- Assist in monitoring and requisitioning laboratory supplies.
High School Degree. Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Math aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to lift 50lbs on an intermittent basis
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow approved documentation practices
- 1-2 years relevant experience working in a production laboratory
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic computer skills (Word/Outlook/Excel)
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years relevant manufacturing experience and a basic understanding of manufacturing procedures, techniques and equipment
- Working knowledge of cGMP and inventory control concepts (strongly preferred).
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and procedures.
- College degree in a relevant scientific field (biology / chemistry, life science).
- Experience in large scale bacterial antigen processing and serial batching.
- Working knowledge of fermentation and fermentation vessels
- Experience using SAP®
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement