Praxair is a Fortune 250 company with products and technology that serve more than 20 different industries. We're one of the world's largest industrial gases businesses and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.
The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is currently seeking a Production Technician. The technician will be responsible for a safe, reliable, and efficient operating air separation plant located in Memphis, TN. The air separation plant provides low cost, high purity industrial gas for our customers via pipelines and liquid transport. The position will require a strong focus on production and instrumentation. The role will include but is not limited to performing routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, calibrations, and installations.
The candidate must have demonstrated ability to work across departmental lines. Must be willing and have the ability to interpret manufacturers' manuals and apply hands-on skills in repairing certain mechanical, electrical, electronics, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems including but not limited to:
· Read and interpret Electrical Schematics, P&ID's, and One Line Diagrams
· Perform calibration of analyzers, field instrumentation, and have the ability to troubleshoot control system problems.
· Have a working knowledge of computers and typical computer programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Projects)
· Monitor process performance and makes appropriate adjustments to remedy deviations and align to the specified norm.
· Operate units to continuously supply products at the appropriate quantities and qualities safely and economically, complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer requirements.
· Perform lock-out tag-out, correctly and safely permit maintenance work, and oversee contractors as necessary.
· Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors, pumps, fans, blowers, boiler systems, valves and the ability to perform equipment alignment.
Responsibilities/duties are typically focused but non-routine at this level.
This position will also require working outdoors in various weather conditions and working occasional non-standard shift including call-ins and weekends and may involve some overnight travel.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Associates in Applied Sciences Degree or equivalent apprenticeship preferred.
• 2 or more years Production Operations experience
• Proficiency with a variety of I/E hand tools meters, instrument calibration equipment etc.
• Strong working knowledge of electricity, electrical systems and motors.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.