Production Unit Leader
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Posted: December 09, 2016
Reference ID: 1074520531
A Production Unit Leader job in Janesville, WI is available through Adecco Engineering and Technology. In order to be considered for this position, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical field, and three to five years of experience as a Manufacturing/Process Engineer within a production environment, or three to five years of Production/Operations Management experience. In this role, you will be responsible for the performance of the production teams relative to key Quality Operating System metrics; including gross margin, scrap rework, direct labor costs, labor efficiency, on-time delivery, material usage variance, costomer complaints, and expense spending.
Production Unit Leader job responsibilities include:
• Ensure teams are continuously improving their performance and meeting or exceeding targeted goals for key Quality Operating System (QOS) metrics
• Lead the development of short-term and long-term manufacturing strategies and goals for the Production Unit
• Lead the continuous improvement efforts for the production teams, including the implementation of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives/projects.
• Participate in the production planning function to ensure optimal development of production schedules and ensure the schedule and associated priorities are communicated to the production floor.
• Bachelors Degree in a technical field (Engineering strongly preferred)
• Three to five years of experience in Manufacturing/Process Engineering within a production environment, or Production/Operations Management.
• Track record of accomplishments in the areas of Continuous Improvement (Lean/Six Sigma), product launches, capital equipment purchases and corrective actions.
• Ideal candidate will have some automotive production experience
• Must have CNC background (either hands on or in a supervisory capacity)
If you are interested in this Production Unit Leader job in Janesville, WI then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled