Location: Kearny, NJShift:
The primary objective of this position is to provide production and housekeeping support to operations, shipping, and grounds. This is an entry level manufacturing position.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist production operators throughout the plant as necessary for two (+) person work load.
- Inspect material at the Auto Catcher and determine if first or second quality material.
- Ensure proper disposition of all seconds material in accordance with SOP
- Assist in lace up for start-ups and after mat breaks in the process.
- General housekeeping throughout the plant, shipping department, and grounds
- Operate a forklift to move heavy materials as necessary
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Regular Attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Provide valid authorization to work in the United States
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples - mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Forklift certification (hands on and written)
- Operate an industrial compactor safely
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
- Visually identify and discern first quality vs. second quality finished goods
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Log into and navigate MyOC to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning Talent Center Learning and accomplish required online training as required
- May be required to log into and navigate SAP for work notifications
The employee must have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Continuing educational credits strongly preferred
The employee should possess the ability to:
About Owens Corning
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
- Ability to rotate and work shift work
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 26 countries. It has been listed as a Fortune 500® company for more than 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.