A Professional Services SIEM Consultant (SME) Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and product deployment. A Professional Services consultant will be required to interface with company and client managers. The following responsibilities and skills are required for this position.
1. Manage and perform SIEM deployments
2. Identify strategic objectives and priorities for usage of the SIEM solution
3. Incorporate Intel Security Engineering road mapped and Customer-driven feature enhancements
4. Respond to day-to-day security requests relating to McAfee SIEM operations
5. Participate in the operation of McAfee SIEM Security Information and Event Management
7. Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
8. Define security solution policies, rules, tasks, alerts and views based on use cases identified
9. Develop automation tasks to help scale the solution, potentially leveraging API and external tools and scripts
10. Configure rules within McAfee SIEM ESM to correlate events from various devices throughout the network and identify anomalies that require further investigation
11. Help maintain effective communication between the customer, McAfee product specialists, services, and the support organization
12. Track day to day product and implementation status issues
13. Serve as the hub to the Intel Security organization providing timely and accurate responses to all product issues
14. Travel 10% of the time up to 100% possible but not likely
Experience in installing, configuring, and administering various McAfee products. Demonstrated and hands on experience with McAfee SIEM. At least 4 years' experience in Information Technology. Experience in the information and data security fields are highly desirable.
Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience. SIEM certification or CISSP is highly desirable. Requires an active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.