Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is seeking exceptional technical talent to drive product development of complex systems within our business. UTAS has over 90 product lines representing the power, thermal and sensing systems that enable the operation of modern civil and military aviation platforms. The breadth and complexity of these products enables UTAS to offer unique career opportunities to develop the next generation of systems for the aerospace industry.
UTC Aerospace Systems is at the forefront of Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) that includes Health Usage & Management Systems (HUMS) and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) for rotorcraft and aircraft. PHM is the discipline that links studies of failure mechanisms to system lifecycle management. PHM uses information to allow early detection of impending or incipient faults, provide early warning of system failures, remaining useful life calculations, and logistical decision-making based on predictive models. A PHM system includes sensors, processing nodes, communication links and algorithms to enable predictive condition based maintenance to maximize operational readiness and reduce lifecycle costs. UTAS is a proven leader and a provider of military and commercial helicopters HUMS for integrated vehicle health management.
UTC Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Program Chief Engineer to lead the HUMS engineering initiatives in the Sensors & Integrated Systems business unit. The Program Chief Engineer leads a large portfolio of projects and ensures all requirements are met and deliverables exceed customers' expectations. The Program Chief Engineer provides leadership over IPT (Integrated Program Teams), which may be organized across systems, product families/platforms, or customers. The Program Chief is the primary technical focal point for the Program Office and the Customer, and the engineering interface to the business. The Program Chief Engineer is accountable for performance of the engineering team to plan, including technical, quality, schedule and cost aspects. New product introduction, transition to production, sustainment engineering, obsolescence, REACH, field support, business development, technology development are activities that the Program Chief Engineer engages in, leads or has oversight of.
- Advance state of the art diagnostics, prognostics and system health management
- Develop and drive adherence to product technical design standards through the UTAS product introduction and stage gated processes
- Lead design and deployment of innovative health management solutions to enable predictive maintenance capability, leveraging business unit engineering expertise.
- Ensure the development of state of the art analytics tools and methodologies to enable expansion of health management capability
- Ensure physics-based and data driven methods are applied to optimize algorithm performance
- Lead root cause analysis of in-service issues and identify improved health management approaches
- Supports and co-leads product line strategy development and technology road mapping events
- Overall product technical leader responsible to the program, customer, partners and regulatory agencies
- Develop and grow customer relationships
- Requirements management, technical risk management, systems integration and verification oversight
- Drives overall technical execution of projects in the portfolio under his/her leadership to ensure all program requirements and objectives are met on schedule and within the authorized budget
- Identify opportunities to implement product improvement strategies and develop new products
Ensures the protection of UTAS, customer and supplier/partner intellectual property Qualification:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in the design, integration and analysis of avionics or other aerospace control systems
- Experience leading multiple complex projects that include teams from multiple locations and countries
- Advanced Engineering or technical degree preferred
- Experience with integrated vehicle health management (IVHM) or HUMS development is a plus
- Rotorcraft and/or aircraft systems knowledge
- Rotor track and balance and mechanical diagnostics expertise
- Use of data analysis techniques to predict failure; Interpreting real time data to determine vehicle health
- Systems engineering, development, integration, verification and validation to military and civil aviation certification standards
- Software engineering, development and integration experience
- Working with advanced data analysis software
- Algorithm development and optimization methods
- Sensing and data acquisition systems expertise
- Proposal writing and BOE development experience
- Earned value management system experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex subjects with clarity and precision. Gravitas and executive presence to present ideas and status to customers and key stakeholders.
- Strong customer and internal stakeholder relationship skills. Ability to coordinate across a matrix organization including Engineering, Quality, Business and Operations disciplines.
- Ability to influence and engage effectively with all levels of the organization, suppliers and customers
- Project management and performance measurement and tracking methods and tools
- Ability to lead others to develop innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measurable benefit to our customer and business
- Strategic thinker with a bias for action
- Self-starter and initiative taker who can think outside the box
- Excellent technical problem solving skills, strong analytical skills
- Experience with working in a dynamic, diverse team environment. Ability to work with geographically dispersed team
- Strong work ethic
Bachelors in Engineering.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .