Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Corporate IT organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Contact Center and End User.
Within this organization, the Program and Business Management Office supports project/program and business management across Corporate IT. We are accountable for driving performance efficiencies by defining and managing consistent processes, including portfolio, budget, workforce and communications management, and building and maintaining effective PPM tools within CIT. Job Description Job purpose
The Program and Business Management Coordinator will report to the head of the Program and Business Management function within CIT and will be responsible for multiple activities supporting the organization as described below. This position interfaces with the CIT leadership team, project and program managers, and the Technology Business Management team. The environment is fast-paced, and quick and effective action is required to be successful. Collaboration across groups both within and beyond the Technology organization is essential. Multiple, concurrent initiatives and events require focus and initiative to drive them forward successfully. We are looking for someone with a passion for planning and execution, and who works effectively as a leader, an individual contributor and team member. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record, be self-motivated and highly organized, and foster positive internal and external relationships. Responsibilities
- Provide program and project management support across the entire Corporate IT portfolio to include:
- Supporting senior management in making critical decisions by managing a variety of executive level reports and dashboards.
- Coordinating a variety of project and program materials and updates with internal stakeholders on the appropriate cadence and help drive quality and consistency.
- Collaborating with delivery leads and program managers to prepare Annual Operating Plan materials, including investment proposals with business cases and high-level estimates. Meticulous manage all associated documents to maintain record and integrity of evolving internal funding decisions. Collaborate with internal team and Visa-wide resource on associated process, deadlines, artifacts, and proactively drive towards these requirements.
- Working closely with project and program managers to ensure compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology, internal controls, and project/program progress and financial status; follow up as necessary.
- Managing pipeline of new efforts to ensure all incoming projects and programs are fully compliant with our Project Management Methodology.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the organization through activities such as:
- Coordinating all-staff level activities including meetings, town halls, brown-baggers, newsletters, training, team-building and other employee engagement related activities.
- Managing compliance activities across CIT such as the security vulnerability process and Visa-wide application database.
- Managing and maintaining organization-level document repositories, including SharePoint site(s), OneDrive, etc.
- Strong process orientation and demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques,
methodologies, and best practices.
- Effective leadership qualities; ability to influence effectively without direct management
authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Experience managing conflict to achieve project goals; transparency with management and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task; show initiative and work aggressively to meet
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, in particular, a demonstrated ability to
effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions; effective and confident presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project); technologically savvy.
- Good judgment, strong common sense, and excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changes in priorities, work demands, roles and
- Ability to negotiate and gain consensus between organizations where competing priorities exist.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate protocol, maintains a high level of discretion and
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required (computer science preferred).
- 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with managing information and access within SharePoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.