GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Provides key local customer interface and day-to-day work direction for assigned personnel at specific accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and Service Excellence per contract. May perform some technical service work.
1. As directed, use knowledge of customer contract to ensure obligations are met.
2. Prioritize service, assign personnel, and follow up on commitments.
3. May assist Director of Service (DOS), Manager of Clinical Engineering (MCE) with employee appraisals, status changes, promotions, disciplinary actions, and questions.
4. Share on-call or service call escalation.
5. Function as Site Leader and is responsible for customer relationship at assigned sites.
6. Ensure service quality via frequent customer contact and formal quality reviews.
7. Responsible for prompt and accurate filing of expense, time, and service reports.
8. May track and analyze financial performance with DOS or MCE.
9. May maintain approved parts inventory and manage vendor service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies.
10. Maintain technical knowledge of current standards for safe, effective use of medical equipment through instruction.
11. May provide instruction to hospital personnel on equipment operation, diagnostics, effective use, and repair.
12. Meet Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
13. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of experience servicing medical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 4+ years of experience servicing medical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years of experience servicing medical equipment
2. A minimum of four years' experience as a Biomedical Technician and one-year progressive team leadership experience effectively supervising and coaching technical personnel, as well as effectively resolving customer relations issues.
3. Qualified experience in a customer service environment with resulting knowledge of customer account coordination.
4. Experience managing financial and administrative requirements of the position.
5. Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
6. Ability to analyze metrics and reports (SEDs).
7. Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone) and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
8. Willing to travel outside of the assigned region.
9. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license. Quality-Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
4. Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders, and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Complete one site safety inspection per month.
6. Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
1. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
2. Experience facilitating and leading others, both internally and externally.
3. Change agent and process oriented.
4. Great presentation skills.
5. Strong problem resolution skills.
6. Accountable and follows through in a timely manner.
7. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
8. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
9. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
10. Empower and inspire others.
11. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Lorain
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.