Reporting to the Vice President of Care Management, the Program Director of SP Clinical Services will lead and manage an agenda of SP Clinical Services initiatives and projects designed to improve cost, quality, and population health management effectiveness within the Senior Products division. The Program Director will facilitate and coordinate an annual Clinical Services planning process and will facilitate the identification and prioritization of initiatives. The Program Director will oversee the execution of initiatives as well as measurement of initiative outcomes. They will lead and manage cross functional project teams within a matrixed environment and must effectively interface with all company levels, divisions and departments within the enterprise. They are responsible for managing relationships with key internal and external constituencies including relationships with consultants, vendors, government agencies, and joint venture partners. The Program Director must be able to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do business on behalf of the SP Clinical Services department.
Strategic Initiative Planning
* In collaboration with senior leaders lead the annual and ongoing planning process within Clinical Services to identify, prioritize, plan, and execute on initiatives aimed at improving cost, utilization and effectiveness of population health and care management programs and activities.
* Facilitate a periodic review of clinical services/care management performance with the leadership team to assess effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement
* Facilitate the evaluation and prioritization of initiatives based on business goals and impact.
* Develop or support managers in developing business cases and ROI for new initiatives.
* Participate and represent Clinical Services in enterprise corporate agenda and Senior Products division planning and imitative prioritization.
* Collaborate with business owners to oversee execution and measure impact of key initiatives.
Initiative Agenda Oversight and Execution
* Develop and manage processes to successfully execute on an agenda of initiatives to impact cost, quality and improve results.
* Manage and oversee the execution of the clinical services initiative agenda. Facilitate and support the development of detailed project and resource plans and measurable outcomes.
* Ensure that all initiatives are positioned for optimal success with appropriate project and resource plans, and identified measurable outcomes.
* Oversee and report progress on initiatives throughout the year
* Lead and drive the development and implementation of larger more complex initiatives.
* Evaluate measure and report the outcomes from strategic initiatives against business case targets. Use the learnings from the evaluation to refine processes and make improvements and adjustments to future initiatives and programs
Ongoing Management of Strategic Initiatives
* Lead or oversee select ongoing strategic initiatives or programs such as the Clinical quality clinical programs. Coordinate all aspects of regulatory, business and internal quality initiatives. Monitor, report and assess effectiveness of initiatives and support subject matter experts in adjusting plans
Key Responsibilities and Key Functions:
* Facilitate department strategic planning sessions and oversee and manage subsequent workplans
* Participate in the development of business initiatives, collaborate with key stakeholders to identify key process and outcome metrics and maintain responsibility for tracking progress toward goals. Effectively resolve roadblocks to program progess
* Lead business process assessments and re-engineering efforts in collaboration with Clinical leadership and stakeholders
* Partner with business owner to develop and implement service level agreements with key cross functional business owners. Collaborate on the development and monitoring of key metrics and dashboard development and implementation. Actively participate in forums that foster accountability and ownership
* Lead/own components of projects/programs through strategic decisions and high level requirements