About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere.Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success;be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged;and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry,is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Provide overall project management expertise for Vaccine Research & Development (VRD) Program Teams to ensure creation of strategic and operational objectives from early (lead) development through licensure of the product. Ensure the operational deliverables of the project are achieved on or ahead of schedule and within budget such that they meet the desired product profile (i.e. quality standard, value), business deliverables and/or key criteria, as required.
• Partners with the Research Lead, Clinical Lead and team members to develop forward thinking programs that maximize medical and commercial value. Applies extensive expertise and in-depth knowledge of the vaccine development process and project management tools to drive team alignment in creation of development strategy, plans and budgets of programs from early development through licensure and post- approval commitments; ensure Team operational discipline by appropriate adherence to approved strategy, budget and time lines.
Program Planning and Management
• Knowledgeable in project management planning tools. Knowledge of individual project timelines and assumptions supporting major program/project milestones. Understands how individual project timelines affect an overall program (portfolio of projects). Drives program/project issue resolution by working with key stakeholders.
• Skilled at meeting management / facilitation; drives the team to respond rapidly to new information in order to move the program forward expeditiously
• Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty regarding near-term outcomes in development while maintaining a focus on the most efficient means to achieve the future value proposition. Experienced in options, scenarios and risk analysis.
• Ensures that teams work effectively to move the program forward. Skilled at developing trust and collaboration with team members and partner lines. Develops effective and collaborative working relationships with key functional stakeholders including senior management. Experienced in managing difficult situations and conflict management.
• Routinely exhibits the courage to confront and quickly resolve difficult issues or conflicts. Takes a position in controversial issues when appropriate and skillfully challenges the team to reach high-quality decisions that are in the best interests of the program. Skilled in leading through influence and collaboration. Communicates effectively with VRD senior management and beyond to assure timely decisions are made.
Scientific/ Technical Knowledge
• Clearly understands the development process, scientific mechanism of action, disease pathophysiology, unmet needs, standard of care and competitive landscape in relation to the program. Assimilates new and emerging disease area, program-specific and competitive data and applies this to ongoing and future development programs.
• Has knowledge of drug development in the industry. Understands the vaccine drug development process at the company and internal governance procedures and expectations. Uses knowledge of the company processes to achieve program objectives. Analyzes and integrates data from across functional areas to provide strategic guidance to the team in developing and executing projects.
• Exhibits a continual interest in learning across all aspects of drug development and leads process improvement efforts as needed.
• Advanced degree (MS, Ph.D., MD) in relevant biology, biochemistry or related discipline preferred.
• 10+ years of biotechnology experience with vaccine/drug development expertise.
• Sustained and successful experience with project management working with cross-disciplinary teams; works well across boundaries in a highly matrix-based organization.
• Successful experience in interacting with and influencing thought leaders, including the development and rationalization of scientific and business strategies.
• Has demonstrated the ability to have a positive impact on others
• Effective in communication skills both verbal and written; listens and understands well. Excellent interactive skills with people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
• Proactively recognizes needs and problems, and independently identifies and implements effective steps and solutions
Standard business office conditions; sitting, standing as appropriate
• Influencing / negotiation
• Strategic thinking
• Decision making and judgment
• Sitting, standing
• Comfortable with scientific terminology and discussion
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Infrequent travel (generally other the company sites or professional meetings)
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.