we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Program Management & Governance, Sr. Manager/ Leader
in Gaithersburg, MD
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for accountability to provide program management, management of large-small projects, vendor management, financial management, relationship management and strategic planning.
You will also be responsible for Data Governance within the Data Management function driving (data) effectiveness, efficiency and compliance across the commercial functions. The Program Management & Governance, Sr. Manager/ Leader should bring a passion for the value and impact of effective program management and data governance. The initial focus for this candidate will be aligned to the Oncology therapeutic area. The Data Management team is within Sale Force Operations; functioning as an integral part of US Commercial Operations.
The candidate will be a peer of the Data Management functional leads and partner with them, working closely to provide program management disciple across the multiple functions (including Data Optimization, Specialty Data Aggregation, Master Data Management, Insights & Analytics and other consuming channels with variability of delivery-ownership across Commercial Operations, Commercial IT and/or Internal/Vendors delivery within the functions) across the AZ portfolio with a focus on growth areas.
The candidate should bring extensive experience managing programs and projects in Life Sciences. Having a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement are keys to success in this positon. Establishing business-first processes, cadence and engagement for the program management and data governance capabilities will be paramount in shaping success in the role. Managing, measuring, communicating and socializing Key Performance Indicators is also key to success.
The Program Management & Governance, Sr. Manager/ Leader must have strong collaboration and communication competencies in order to support, shape and partner with Data Management's key stakeholders across Brand teams, Commercial Insights, Commercial Operations, Sales Leaders, Managed Markets, Medical Affairs, Access Services, Reporting, Compliance, Legal, Master Data Management and IT.Essential Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in a relevant field
- Project Management Certificate (PMP) or qualified Project Management Certificate required
- 3+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience
- 3+ years of Specialty Care Commercial Operations experience; preferable in related areas, such as, commercial ops, effective, sales force operations or Market Access, managed markets
- Managing projects and programs preferred
- Experience in Market Access/Managed Markets preferred
- Demonstrated program management experience driving and transforming multiple simultaneous programs delivering value for the commercial business and commercial operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple relationships and competing priorities in a complex matrixed environment
- Ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Demonstrated experience shaping, establishing and/or transforming Commercial Data Governance and KPI
- Strong process oriented experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines plus identify, mitigate and effectively escalate risks
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities
~bspNext Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.