Business Operations Lead for Enterprise Customer Operations
Are you passionate about delivering the best-possible customer experience, working in a group where customers are the center of everything you do, where world-class products and solutions are developed that change the way businesses manage their IT infrastructures? Are you able to create breakthrough approaches across a diverse set of situations? Are you committed to generating and creating a work environment that helps all employees grow and thrive? Can you anticipate and communicate how to achieve an objective to large groups and senior executives? If so, then Dell and this role are right for you.
The Business Operations Lead is part of the Enterprise Customer Operations team. The Enterprise Customer Operations team is composed of Validation, International Product Support (IPS), Quality, Program Management, and Information Development. Collectively these groups are driving a customer-first culture across the Enterprise Solutions Group, developing world-class quality products and solutions and delivering the best-possible customer experience everywhere those products and solutions are used.
Our values are:
1. Customers are at the center of everything we do
2. World-class Quality permeates everything we do
3. A bias for action defines our stance in the business
4. Delivering on our commitments is foundational
5. Winning is what we do
6. We’re better together
The Business Operations Lead should be strategic, analytical, results driven, and innovative in nature. He or she must enjoy a fast paced, results driven environment and have a track record of success in delivering commitments with quality and a focus on customers. The right individual is willing to “do what it takes” to get the work done and the results produced – “not my job” is not in the lexicon of this person. The role is highly matrixed and requires working leaders and all other levels across Enterprise Customer Operations, Enterprise Solutions Group, Finance, HR, and other Dell organizations worldwide.
Principle Accountabilities/Responsibilities of the Role
1. Business Operations Cadence: The Business Operations Lead ensures that the business of Enterprise Customer Operations (i.e. Quality, Initiatives, Opex, Capex, Resource and Capacity Planning, etc.) are running on the specified cadence and meeting the expected timelines and results.
2. Financial Management: The Business Operations Lead drives the financial planning process for the organization and ensures annual budget targets are hit with rock-solid reliability and accuracy, quarter after quarter after quarter. The Lead also quickly operationalizes budget challenges or changes and brings a high-level of financial acumen to bear on regular and ongoing engagements with finance. The Lead operates as the defacto Finance Controller for Enterprise Customer Operations.
3. Capacity Planning/Resource Management: The Business Operations Lead owns and drives the process and tools within Enterprise Customer Operations for forecasting, measuring, and reporting current and planned capacity (resources) against required work.
4. Deliver on Commitments: The Lead must be a person who drives himself/herself and others to do the right thing in the right way, while pushing for consistent, quality progress in a timely manner.
5. Staff Value-Add: The Lead must also be a “sounding board” for the Enterprise Customer Operations leadership team, adding value to leadership discussions, operational discussions, people discussions, etc. He/she will also add value by keeping the leadership team focused on delivering the results and implementing the strategies committed to.
6. Future Opportunities: The Lead also tracks the potential business opportunities discussed by the Leadership team and works with the team to find opportunities to implement them.
7. Strategic Leadership: The Business Operations Lead helps turn vision and ideas into operational reality with capacity constraints factored into the operational plans: The Lead must be able to engage key stakeholders at all levels of the organization and enable the organization to produce results. The Lead will track progress and assist in removing barriers to facilitate success of these operational plans.
8. Other Capabilities: The Business Operations Lead acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments; works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles; understands strategic priorities across Dell's business units; understands what customers value; works collaboratively across organizations, backgrounds, and levels; communicates proactively and with the required sensitivity and understanding of context, circumstances, people and roles.
Principle Activities of the Role
* Guides, directs and manages the annual planning process
* Guides, directs and manages the annual Opex and Capex budget planning process
* Manages the quarterly spend of Opex and Capex; hits targets reliably within agreed variances
* Develops and facilitates the ongoing 3YP planning process; coordinates across all Customer Operations functions and coordinates with the Strategy Planning team within ESG
* Governs and drives organization wide initiatives; provides governance and holds the organization accountable for delivering on commitments
* Plans, develops content for, and facilitates staff meetings, all-hands meetings, offsite meetings and other staff or group-wide meetings as required
* Develops and uses data to help the Leadership team make effective and timely decisions
* Develops and provides reports and analysis across a range of topics when required, with speed, accuracy and consistent reliability
* Governs organization performance to HC Ramp and Hiring goals for the year, by quarter
* Develops VP and SVP-ready slide presentations as required
* 10 years of relevant work experience
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; degree can be in related field (engineering, operations, business, math, or science)
* MBA or related higher education a plus.
* Competencies: command skills, drive for results, dealing with ambiguity, leading through influence
The candidate's core skills and competencies must include:
* Strong experience in project implementation and process documentation
* Advanced understanding of business processes and ability to consider implications to current and future state business environment.
* Proven track record of delivering great customer satisfaction in complex, rapidly-changing environments with high operational involvement
* Strong general business and financial acumen, and use of same to solve complex business problems
* Extensive experience in dealing with ambiguity and changing priorities in a fast-paced business environment; flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges
* Developed ability to work in a self-directed environment; operates independently
* Strong ability to manage both tactical and strategic work streams relating to area of responsibility.
* Advanced organizing, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and planning skills - Change Management.
* Experience leading large scale project initiatives with demonstrated implementation success
* Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of successful project/system implementations
* Experience participating and even leading process modeling and/or re-engineering efforts as input to program level requirements
* Able to work collaboratively with global multi-location teams across time zones, divisions, functions and levels
* Always able to listen, negotiate and compromise to ensure quality and business value
* Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with peers, cross functional teams, and External Vendors
* Excellent oral and written executive and customer communications skills, including excellent presentation skills; ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers.
* Demonstrated attentiveness to quality and productivity.
* Demonstrated excellence in Excel and PowerPoint; Word proficiency is sufficient
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Dell offers a competitive salary and bonus plan as well as a great benefit package. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit: http://content.dell.com/us/ en/corp/d/corp-comm/
**Job:** **Engineering - Program Management*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Program Management Principal Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *16000NO2*
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.