Responsible for regularly managing complex programs with multiple cross team integration points. Establishes and manages relationships with multiple vendors. Responsible for setting and meeting Enterprise IT strategic goals. Mentors others on project management methodology. Drives toward continuous improvement. May manage other project managers. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional skills may include:
- Leads cross functional project teams by developing work plans within guidelines and monitoring progress on project milestones.
- Understands program/project roadmap and key milestones regarding criticality, downstream impact if dates are missed and determines alternative/mitigating actions.
- Coordinates the planning, management and execution of multiple related projects that are directed toward the same strategic objectives.
- Is familiar with and monitors all major project activities and escalates as appropriate.
- Records and monitors program/project actual costs vs. program/project budget.
- Responsible for proactively identifying variances to plan and developing appropriate mitigation plans.
- Partners with departmental leadership and key stakeholders to develop appropriate mitigation actions based on the program priorities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Drives new or changed tools and processes to move the department forward.
- Able to influence decisions through effective communication methods.
- Interacts with program sponsors, stakeholders and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met.
- Understands how program decisions impact key business metrics and the enterprise strategy.
- Builds consensus among multiple project teams relative to project scope, task execution, staffing and issue resolution.
- Able to provide clear and reliable communications to internal teams, program stakeholders, external vendors, and customers.
- Able to use multiple media formats to effectively convey complex information and ideas.
- Defines and understands the objectives and the scope of the program and is able to translate customer expectations and requirements.
- Shows ability to learn new tools and processes.
- Shows flexibility in changing approach when needed.
- Ensures the integration of multiple projects.
- Challenges estimates where appropriate.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of program work products.
- Has the ability to manage resources toward common goals.
- Facilitates change through leadership.
- Motivates others through setting priorities and objectives.
- Drives change through all layers of the department.
- Brings creative ideas to the workplace and engages in effective brainstorming.
- Has good judgment regarding which creative ideas and suggestions can improve our business and implements identified solutions
- Defines and develops departmental level project/program policies processes, standards, governance, and metrics.
- Makes recommendations for improving efficiency, product delivery and expense reduction in programs.
- Implements industry best practices and standards where applicable.
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Manages the performance of managers/professional staff through goal setting, ongoing assessment and experienced coaching.
- Leverages the performance management cycle to motivate subordinates and support achievement of objectives; coaches other managers.
- Accountable for the risk and issue management of one or more related disciplines through subordinate managers.
- Accountable for the performance and results of one or more subordinate managers.
7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 7 or more years managing projects and at least 3 years of leadership experience. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Controls a program level view and status and uses the information in Clarity/Open Workbench to communicate on multiple projects and programs at a time.
- Able to use Clarity/Open Workbench tool to determine how the intersection of multiple projects and programs impacts the department.
- Able to use the Clarity/Open Workbench tool develop departmental budgets.
- Able to model different mitigation plans in the Clarity/Open Workbench tool and make and recommendations.
- Able to extract the information from the Clarity/Open Workbench tool to analyze intersecting projects and departmental level allocations.
- When needed, utilizes the information in MS Project as part of a tool kit that communicates status based on the needs of the project or program.
- Can use MS Outlook to schedule meetings with internal and external resources in multiple locations.
- When needed, utilizes the information in MS Excel as part of a tool kit that communicates departmental information based on the needs of the project or program.
- Within MS Excel works with multiple worksheets, filters data, functions, pivot tables.
- Able to create presentations in MS PowerPoint presenting complex ideas in a way that is easily understood by the department.
- Able to create documents in MS Word presenting complex ideas in a way that is easily understood by the department.
- When needed, utilizes the information in MS Visio as part of a tool kit that communicates departmental level information based on the needs of the project or program.
- Able to create diagrams in MS Visio presenting complex ideas in a way that is easily understood by the department.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.