Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions.
We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Digital Security and Risk Engineering Cloud Services team is looking for a resourceful and thoughtful human being to join our one of a kind organization! This is an information security role in an information security organization, but we can teach you all of that! Not only will you be exposed to how a cloud service is built, deployed, and operated from the perspective of developers, service engineers, and executives but you will be an integral part in how an enterprise evaluates, deploys and manages a cloud service platform securely!
There are only a few places within information technology where you can have this broad of exposure and impact. In this role, not only will you help Microsoft transition internal applications and infrastructure services to Azure and O365; you will work directly with thought leaders from across the company and the industry to define the products, services, skills and processes that enable a secure and productive enterprise for any organization using the Microsoft Cloud.
• Collaborate with Microsoft engineering teams to deliver future information security scenarios and features for the Microsoft Cloud.
• Evaluate pre-release and released services and features using a mix of risk, security control and operational frameworks.
• Manage the deployment of services and features from evaluation to proof-of-concept to operationalization.
• Produce strategy based papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior executives, Microsoft customers and industry peers.
• 1 + years of Program Management, Software Engineering or Product Management experience or the equivalent.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or 5+ equivalent in work experience.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to make prioritization and trade-off recommendations that support program execution.
• Knowledge of Azure and/or O365 development
• Knowledge of Information Security concepts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.