Join the Web Platform Team, and work on the core components that make Microsoft Edge and Universal Windows Platform apps come to life. Our team consists of a bunch of talented people who share a passion for the web. Our expertise spans between deep Windows System Component integrations to web ecosystem outreach across the web community and involvement in the W3C. Take a look at our blog (https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/) to see what the team has been shipping.
We encourage you to reach out either to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT), or @MSEdgeDev (https://twitter.com/MSEdgeDev) account on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
Our team continues to invest in the fundamentals of the browser (e.g. security, reliability, performance), while at the same time maintain a balance of new HTML5 features. Our web platform runs on all Windows 10+ devices including RaspberryPi, HoloLens, Xbox, and more!
Areas that you will get to work on and influence include:
• Defining our roadmap https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/status/
• Creating feature specifications with devs and quality engineers
• Building prototypes and driving architectural design
• Work cross-team with Azure, Office, Bing, Xbox, HoloLens, and large external Software Makers
• 1+ years of software development experience or a Degree in Computer Science or EE
• 6+ months of Software Program Management experience
• Broad understanding of the web platform, web developer workflows, and web tools ecosystem
• Passion for working with customers and advocating for their requirements to be met by features
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.