Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
This candidate must have excellent program management, team collaboration, written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to details. Key to being successful in this role is the ability to communicate with technical and business oriented individuals providing them with a balanced view of business need and compliance perspective to address enterprise impacting regulations, initiatives and risks. This candidate will have the ability to manage multiple initiatives that are compliance, privacy and security related and be able to communicate risks and improve organizational visibility of compliance policy and process improvements, compliance and risk management, tracking and managing initiatives, communications and reporting. We’re looking for a strong, self-directed individual who wants the challenge of being the compliance SME to come help build our team.
• The ideal candidate should have strong project management capabilities and experience with IT Compliance and SOX programs.
• This candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion for quality.
• This candidate should be able to work collaboratively with business and technical team members to understand issues and assist driving action oriented results.
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientated, self-motivated, and resourceful
• Facilitate discussions between teams to drive clarity on issues and initiatives and identify next steps
• Manage metrics and executive dashboards for visibility and management meetings.
• Maintain and enhance customer/partner training materials and communications.
• Lead compliance and risk management activities to facilitate the management, tracking, communication and reporting.
• Communicate to stakeholder’s changes and status.
• Build strong relationships and collaborate with internal technical and business partners.
• Deliver against an aggressive set of individual and team commitments while contributing to the success of others to motivate and inspire others to accomplish business goals.
• Document reviews and ensure all relevant information is accounted for to help ensure compliance with audit-level requirements.
• Identify and drive escalations leadership, enterprise security and risk teams, Finance compliance group, and executive management as necessary.
• Evangelize privacy and SOX compliance principles into the software development life cycle
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• 5+ years of program management or project management experience
• 5+ years’ experience using Microsoft products and technologies
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Demonstrated experience with controls compliance and risks
• Proven business acumen
• Excellent interpersonal communication, executive presence, and presentation skills - Strong cross group collaboration
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• A solid track record of achieving success through teamwork and collaboration
• Proven track-record influencing without authority, resolving conflict, and measuring results
• Ability to be adaptable
Preferred, but not required:
• SAP knowledge and/or experience
• Project Management and Scrum certifications
• SOX knowledge and/or experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.