Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Come work for Enterprise Application Services (EAS) and help shape the future of ERP at Microsoft. EAS is accountable for SAP at Microsoft. As part of the Enterprise Application Services (EAS) Team, the team is aligned to the Online businesses [Windows Store, Bing, MSN], Supply Chain for Xbox, Surface, PC hardware, Master Data Management in ERP. Program Manager responsibilities span the life of the SAP product/service and includes collaborating with business stakeholders, engaging with customers to determine requirements, contributing to the definition of SAP product/service vision, creating and communicating a successful design, managing the release, establishing the SAP product/services identity in the ecosystem and connecting with and supporting the customer/partner community. The Program Manager will also ensure appropriate standards are followed for the adherence to SDLC / ITLC processes.
• Collaboration with business and stakeholders
• SAP Product and Service Definition and Design- create design options for SAP feature areas
• PM Operational excellence- contribute to demand intake with partners, coordinate work estimation, project planning and execution, risk mitigation and communication for service delivery
• Financial Operational Excellence-responsible for budget management, monthly reporting, coordination with partners in Finance and other Engineering teams for EAS Commerce, Supply Chain, Partner Incentive, Master Data Management projects
• Supplier Strategy and Management-contribute to supplier strategy and supplier management, drive cost optimization and value maximization in partnership with Supplier Strategy Office and Supplier Companies
• Release Management-process excellence, security and compliance process adherence and improvements for release cycle
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
• 3+ years of Program or project management experience
• B.S. degree in Business or equivalent experience
Preferred, but not required:
• A strong understanding of software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support
• Excellent understanding of Program Management practices
• Strong cross group collaboration abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
• Attention to detail
• Must have ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making
• 2+ years of ERP (e.g. SAP) package software experience with large scale implementation for enterprise business
• PMP Certification
• Experience with SAP implementations
• Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; SQL Server, IIS, BizTalk, C#
• Experience with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, RUP, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
• Enterprise IT experience, preferably with ERP
• The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing SAP enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.