Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you interested in helping to drive programs across the enterprise that will accelerate Microsoft’s digital transformation? This position will allow you to use the combination of your engineering skills and your knowledge of the business to accelerate change and optimize the ERP around new businesses and models. You will coordinate multiple engineering and business stakeholders ensuring we build the right scenarios and features while managing program transition and onboarding.
• Build strong partnerships with business partners, understanding their business objectives.
• Complete planning and delivery of each release, write user stories, and groom the backlog, with the ability to prioritize work across multiple stakeholders
• Partner with the Architecture and Software Engineering teams to ensure proposed solutions meet the business outcomes and objectives.
• Ensure user stories are traceable, well communicated, and on track.
• Develop and implement change management and onboarding plans that encompass both solution and process.
• 2+ years in an engineering position with experience in at least one of the following: program management, solution management, product management, consultant.
Preferred, but not required:
• Demonstrated engineering PM skills and a track record of project execution.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with specific experience developing project plans and managing releases on via an agile methodology (Agile, Scrum)
• Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
• Strong written & verbal communication and presentation
• Strong passion for customers and doing the right thing for them
ERP understanding and experience (SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, etc.)
Describe the ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will love taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers.
This person will have an infectious and relentless pursuit of growth and improvement both for themselves as well as their solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.