Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are the End User Services Engineering Individual Productivity team and we are Microsoft’s first and best customer. We innovate and apply unique and early insights to accelerate change and drive technology adoption that delivers outstanding experiences and inspires Microsoft’s customers and partners.
We accomplish this by defining the vision and aspirational user and IT professional experience for Individual Productivity workflows across the breadth of the Microsoft technology portfolio and partner with engineering teams to bring this vision to life. We think beyond the confines of products and traditional boundaries to create compelling experiences that align with how people naturally think and work.
Microsoft has defined Finding Experience as one of six core employee Experiences focused on achieving higher levels of employee productivity. We are looking for a strong program manager to be part of the team to help create & deploy great application experiences ultimately impacting the enterprise search & finding experience at Microsoft .
This is also an opportunity to leverage agile, continuous delivery practices providing state of the art solutions. This position requires extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders identifying requirements and transforming them into functional design for software engineering development. This includes end-to-end planning, designing, scoping, managing and delivering key capabilities for Microsoft systems.
· Actively define, plan and manage the implementation of applications and services that improve the user and IT pro experiences, and continuously refine the vision and strategy based on lessons learned, evolving industry trends, new technologies, and new Microsoft product offerings.
· Manage a portfolio of Line of Business applications and services end-to-end including planning, scoping, management & delivery
· Effectively partner with business & engineering teams to ensure program delivery on-time, budget & quality
· Collect business requirements and translate into clear user stories for the engineering teams
· Scope & manage initiatives to Infuse intelligence using AI stack (BOTs, Cortana skills) related to the App portfolio
· Use a data-driven approach and complex data analysis to gain broad insights to identify opportunities to improve the products and services
Knowledge, experience and skills:
· 3+ years of experience as a PM managing engineering initiatives
· 1+ years of experience working as part of agile (such as SCRUM) setups
Preferred, not required:
· Experience with Azure stack of technologies & services
· Prior software development experience with .NET, SQL Azure
· Expertise with enterprise search including portal development & related algorithms/flows
The ideal candidate is an engineering PM with passion for customers and creating great app experiences. Deep experience as PM working with engineering teams. Passion for harnessing technology to managing the creation of outstanding apps & user experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.