Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and all the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
Within MCIO, Forecasting and Capacity Supply Chain (FACS) is responsible for customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning of datacenters worldwide. FACS partners with several teams across MCIO and Microsoft to ensure critical capacity is deployed on-time to meet business priorities of the engineering teams.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager with solid organizational and communication skills, ability to navigate ambiguity, and strong project management skills to manage aspects of the MCIO Buy Desk. To be successful you must have a solid understanding of Buy Desk activities including Procurement, contract quality assurance, and contract routing with proven track record in managing these areas at a global scale.
• Manage the MCIO Buy Desk for a specific vertical (networking, hardware, site selection, DCOps) delivering on accountabilities within defined SLAs
• Responsible for quality assurance on MCIO purchase orders and contracts.
• Ensure data accuracy required content is included.
• Ensure correct Master Agreements/correlating agreements are references in the Document Workspace.
• Drive process and automation enhancements within the Buy Desk by drafting requirements and partnering with Engineering to deliver on requirements.
• Drive policy compliance (both corporate and MCIO) for all requests/orders routed through the Buy Desk.
• Partner with Finance and other key stakeholders ensure proper documentation is included for all Contracts and Pos.This includes Deal Summaries and other documentation as needed.
• Manage vendor staff to deliver per SLA and scale with growing demand.
• Buy Desk Ticket Queue Management: Oversee timely process completion of NDA’s, New Supplier Setups, execution, Contract Execution and MyOrder/PO processing.
• Provide training to educate and support internal customers and external Suppliers on Requisition to PO, contracting and approval processes
• Manage and update documentation, training material, templates, workflows Reporting (Supplier deactivation, ticket processing times, MyOrder processing times/ volumes, SLA performance and adhoc)
• Switchboard Control compliance testing including SOX Audit and anti-corruption readiness Maintain flexibility with regard to work hours to support worldwide communications as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
• 1+ years’ experience in a procurement, Buy Desk, or other program management role skills
• Attention to detail, strong at execution
• Ability to work in flexible and fast-paced environment
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
• Successfully collaborate across multiple teams
• Capable of strong individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting teams
• Proven track record in project and business management
• Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to influence
• Ability to translate ideas into clear requirements for Engineering partners
• Problem solving capability with a calm demeanor
• Ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.