Are you fascinated by Artificial Intelligence? Curious about how it can amplify human ingenuity and help transform our world? Ready to roll up your sleeves and help put a brand-new Microsoft business and company growth bet on a path to success? Do you have an outstanding professional, academic, and interpersonal track record? Then read on - we’d like to hear from you! Context: As enterprises embrace Digital Transformation, they are looking to the next source of business acceleration Artificial Intelligence (AI) promises to bring. Advances, for example, in Deep Learning have created strong interest among our customers to embrace AI to better serve their customers and employees. These new intelligent systems are going to result in a major disruption of the current business software space, which Microsoft is prepared to lead. Microsoft and its world-class AI scientists have been at the forefront of AI for decades across a broad spectrum of areas such as speech and natural language processing, machine reading comprehension, computer vision, and of course advanced machine learning methods. As a company we’re now making a large push to commercialize many of these advanced technologies for business customers. One of the key bets in this context is developing comprehensive intelligent software-based solutions for businesses in several areas, which will help our customers achieve breakthroughs in creating new business value. As part of the Business AI Product & Business Strategy team, you’ll be able to have substantial impact on the success and future direction of this startup business within Microsoft from the get-go, both at the strategy- and operational level. You’ll partner closely with our product- and business leaders, have strong executive-, cross-group, and cross-company visibility, and enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting and challenging problems across functional and product areas.
- Conduct in-depth customer research Perform rigorous market-, industry-, competitor-, business-, and financial analysis
- Contribute to and lead strategy projects
- Conduct M&A explorations Evaluate new AI incubation concepts
- Support high-priority business initiatives across a range of areas such as product development, marketing, sales, and operations Partner with AI lines of business to develop strategy and execution plans and help tackle tough business problems
- Create senior executive presentation materials
• BA/BS degree in Applied Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, or Finance
• 2+ years of experience in consulting or product management
• A hands-on self-starter with excellent analytical-, verbal/written communications-, strategic thinking-, and time management skills
• Personal integrity, initiative, curiosity, exceptional judgment, and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence are essential
• A passion for ongoing learning and technology is highly desirable; some hands-on experience with Artificial Intelligence technologies including Deep Learning, NLP, or MRC a plus
• MBA from a top-tier school preferred but not required depending on work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.