Are you a Pioneering Spirit? Lowe's is looking for Visionaries, Risktakers, Adventurers. Lowe's is looking for someone that is driven by potential-A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multibillion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We're looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you're an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we're looking for.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to conduct or oversee a suite of information technology (IT)-specific projects (may include both technical and non-technical components) by applying deep expertise in IT project/program management. This includes responsibility for developing work plans to meet IT priorities and deadlines, determining and carrying out technical processes and methodologies, coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals, partnering internally and externally to make effective business IT decisions, and recognizing program process improvements. Overall, this role manages IT programs that ultimately work to move the organization forward and provide strategic and technological improvements across the business.
• Delivers one or more programs that vary in size and technical complexity, and may manage one or more large, highly complex and/or high impact programs with extended durations, with full responsibility and accountability for the delivery and outcomes of any/all projects within the IT program
• Serves as primary liaison with C-level executive leaders, IT program and project sponsors, clients, vendors and other key stakeholders to identify program initiatives, influencing the prioritization of projects, deliverables, and decisions necessary for optimal IT program delivery
• Translates business visions and strategies into technical objectives (software and system development needs, IT architecture, testing requirements, security protocols, etc.) and program execution plans that are aligned to achieve future state business IT solutions
• Develops and manages program and project timelines, budgets, financials, forecasts, spend, and global resource utilization, providing input and justification of impact to the team to make adjustments when issues are identified and require resolution
•Leads cross functional global workforce and 3rd party solution provider(s) to achieve desired business outcomes (i.e. RFIs and vendor request RFPs) and to ultimately create and execute integrated and efficient program plans
• Works closely with the Enterprise Delivery Director on both strategic and tactical delivery of IT programs and manages a range of initiatives to achieve a particular organizational outcome
• Communicates a clear vision and technical understanding towards project goals and objectives to the various project teams, setting expectations and holding project teams accountable to those expectations to reach desired outcomes
• Manages program execution by overseeing the data collection and database development process for program review and evaluation, using data-driven methods to quantify program benefits and inform decisions
• Partners with IT Project Managers (and Associates) and cross-functional IT leaders to identify program interdependencies that impact prioritization and resource allocation decisions
• Controls and mitigates risks across multiple, interdependent programs/projects and manages dependencies affected by ongoing changes across programs/projects to make risk mitigation recommendations to the program teams and leadership
• Provides project management expertise and technical knowledge through education and resource accessibility on the subject of project management and various delivery methodologies
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, or IT related field
8+ years of experience in IT or related business area, including 4+ years managing IT specific projects/programs
8+ years of experience working on and/or managing IT project(s) involving the implementation of SDLC project life cycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
6+ years of experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) / User Stories used to create project schedules and estimates
Experience managing operational or project/program financial budgets and leading project teams
Technical expertise in business analysis, software design, Software development, data architecture, operating systems, software testing or other area
Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field
Project Management Institute (PMI) or other project/program management certification
6+ years of experience in IT project planning and coordination and working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional IT solutions
3+ years of experience using formal business process improvement methodologies
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.