Program Manager 2
It has never been a more exciting time at AI + Research group (AI+R) - we continue to advance the state of the art in the areas we choose to study and impact Microsoft by transferring many great research results to products. As Microsoft faces more and more challenges, AI+R is tasked to improve our odds of betting on the “next big thing” to help ensure the future of Microsoft. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated product leader with a strong background in program management, product planning or product management to help drive and expand our computer vision services, SDKs and apps to the next level. If you are passionate about delivering cutting edge products that excite customers while enjoying working with a team of world-class engineers and scientists on some of the most interesting challenges in intelligence services space then this is the perfect position for you! As PM, you will be part of a small but fast-moving team responsible for introducing innovative computer vision services, SDKs, apps and solutions to data scientists, developers and many millions of consumers worldwide.
You will help drive Microsoft’s work and advancement in computer vision as part of this fun and fast-moving team committed to deliver innovative experiences that customers love & use.
General Responsibilities include:
• Developing a deep understanding of what is changing in the business landscape - customers, partners, competitors, customer and partner needs and scenarios, emerging trends, opportunities, and threats.
• Being the customer advocate: analyze user feedback and usage data to understand user behavior and needs, and translate the learning to guide product development to drive product innovation and delight customers.
• Developing product plans and GTM strategies to drive product awareness, trials, usage, user acquisition, satisfaction and retention.
• Driving feature idea generation and prioritization for end user facing and/or infrastructure & backend features.
• Developing specification of new features to deliver value for users & partners.
• Working with design to develop the user interface and experience; driving usability & related customer studies with usability and product management.
• Coordinating work with marketing, legal, business development, finance, engineering & research teams to drive execution of product and GTM plans.
• Collaborating with groups across AI+R and Microsoft as well as with external partners.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field; MBA from a top tier business school is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years of feature product planning and/or product management experience.
• Strong end-to-end consumer services/products background is preferred.
• Be willing to roll up their sleeves and develop deep understanding of the product, customers and market enabling them to tackle issues and capitalize on opportunities at a rapid pace.
• Great cross-team collaboration & project management skills.
• An agile and strategic thinker and detail oriented, with the ability to handle a diverse number of concurrent activities.
• Strong analytical mind and skills, data driven and confident in decision making.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and influencing skills; Comfortable dealing with internal and external senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to drive non-reporting groups to perform.
• Proven end user facing feature development experience.
• Experience with digital video/audio/photo or speech technologies is preferred but not required.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.