The Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) team is looking for a program manager to join our team and help drive features and improvements that make VSTS the best tool in market for Agile software teams. Agile is no longer a fad in software, rather, it's now the preferred project management approach as it provides alignment for an organization, while protecting and emphasizing autonomy for the team. Join VSTS and help shape the product experience and roadmap for Agile software teams around the world.
The emphasis in this role will be to design and build features that meet the needs of software teams applying agile practices. This includes features like:
• Backlog management
• Sprint planning & execution,
• WIP limits
Our teams not only build Agile tools, but we also live an Agile/DevOps culture. We operate in 3-week sprints, deploying features and value at the end of each sprint. Our teams are self-managing and are provided with autonomy to own the features they develop and deliver. We are a data driven business, relying on telemetry and metrics to help make business decisions.
• 2+ years of experience in program management or product management preferably in shipping enterprise/B2B products
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or 3 years of program/product management experience.
• Experience shipping a developer-oriented cloud service.
• Experience designing features end-to-end. Background in
• Background in data engineering, data science, and/or modern big data technologies. Proven experience in defining the roadmap, strategy, and go-to-market plans for a major enterprise-targeted product.
• Developer/coding experience.
• Working knowledge of performing market analysis, competitive tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction.
• Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of developer-facing tools and services.
• Ability to define customer-focused scenarios, author detailed functional specifications and work with partner teams to ensure that scenarios are delivered end-to-end.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and across disciplines as a contributor or leader
Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.