Engaging with the right resources at the right time to solve real world problems is one of the most critical components to the success of our company. This is the era of the new Microsoft; a Microsoft that listens to developers, strives to go where they are, and truly walk in their shoes. Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) is at the heart of this cultural transformation. Our organization works on “code-with” depth engagements across proactive evangelism engagement programs, global ISV, and provides software engineering capabilities to solve our customers’ hardest technical challenges. Be part of transforming how Microsoft engages with developers!
CSE’s Worldwide Program Management (WPM) organization is the inbound planning team chartered with aligning Engineering, Marketing and Ecosystems on priorities, developer engagements and product feedback. To drive this, we work across Azure, AI, Office and Windows Engineering teams to:
• Prioritize our shared technical agenda, build and organize core programs, investment, assets and artifacts by Motion (Evangelism, Global ISV, Digital Win Room) aligned with company tech priorities.
• Maintain CSE plan of record through predictable strategy, planning and ROB cadence within a closed loop feedback process - driving CSE efficiency, alignment and impact for Microsoft.
We are hiring a Technical Program Manager who will be on point for owning and driving the release management process for the inbound feedback cadence with Engineering. In this role, you are expected to:
• Own the release management process for inbound cadence designed to deliver insightful analysis of CSE customer engagements, strategies to win them over, and major technical trends; lead v-teams, drive cross-org working groups, run the cadence and close the feedback loop with CSE WPM PM’s; identify improvements, work collaboratively cross-org to write requirements that will drive improvements in analysis or content.
• Drive frameworks, models, and other artifacts to guide discussions; Create timely analysis to collaboratively define points of view on important technology, platform and business opportunities backed up by adhoc PowerBI views.
• Manage risks and resolve issues that impact scope, schedule and release quality; Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations.
This role will require the skills of a typical engineering Program Manager: owning and driving working groups, enumerating work items, ownership, milestones, and timetables, driving operational model and status reporting, and working to continuously improve operational cross team collaboration and results.
Who We Are Looking For
• Minimum of 3 years in Program Management or Software Development.
• Strong knowledge in all aspects of the software engineering and development lifecycle supporting methodologies & engineering tools.
• Passion about technology and willing to get your hands dirty, working with a large group of stakeholders across Engineering and field teams.
• Ability to define and produce left to right views of business.
• Good decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through.
• Data-driven approach to help you really understand our progress and issues, and exactly what will have the biggest impact next.
• Hands on experience with data manipulation: ingestion/preparation/analysis/insights.
• In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (Engineering, Marketing, Sales).
• Solid technology breadth knowledge with understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
• Industry expertise with a history of building successful vertical solutions, including experience in Financial Services and Public Sector preferred but not required.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent.
• Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and communities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.