Helping developers solve real world problems is at the core of both Microsoft as well as our customer and partner success. In the Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team, our Program Managers and Engineers share a common passion for listening to and working with developers. We go where they go. We sit and code with them to learn and understand. When it makes sense, we provide technology options from Microsoft to help and we always share insights and feedback to MSFT Engineering teams to help improve our products. Come be a part of an amazing team that is passionate about transforming how Microsoft engages with developers, engineering teams and our field.
CSE’s EEE (Engineering Engagement and Evangelism) organization is chartered with defining shared technical priorities in partnership with Engineering teams; then driving direct developer engagements, readiness, feedback and insights supporting a worldwide engineering focused organization who plays a leading role in accelerating Microsoft platform priorities usage and adoption across Azure, AI, Office and Windows. We also directly lead early developer-partner engagements with many of the most innovative and compelling companies building software today!
Our EEE Program Management (e3PM) team is looking for a Program Manager who shares our team’s passion and thrives in situations where you are sought as the thought leader; who can just as easily communicate recommendation to senior-level execs as roll up your sleeves to help get practical work complete.
Working across multiple teams, this roll will be responsible for:
• Define and Plan efforts: define and maintain our approach (i.e. data, models, frameworks etc.) to guide our program release management capability; also provide timely analysis and market insights that help shape technology, platform and business scenarios.
• Program and Project Release efforts: lead our process to define, release and monitor direct technical and “code-with” related programs and efforts working in a highly collaborative environment with engineer and program managers around the world as well as with MSFT Engineering teams in Redmond.
In a world where we are updating our Microsoft developer platforms almost every quarter, both these efforts are ultra-complex, multi-variable problem spaces that require collaboration with many different Microsoft organizations within CSE and beyond.
This role will require the skills of a typical engineering Program Manager: owning and driving working groups, enumerating work items, ownership, milestones and timetables, driving operational model and status reporting, and working to continuously improve operational cross team collaboration and results.
We are seeking a candidate with the following characteristics:
• Thrive in practical hands on efforts in highly collaborative environment that include a range of stakeholders across Engineering, Program Management and field teams
• Good decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through
• Data driven with a passion to use data to understand, improve and maximize impact
• Detail oriented with ability to author and communicate plans in way that everyone understands priorities and what needs to get done
• Proven record of Program Management or product planning success
• You excel at working with other teams and getting agreement on timelines and schedule
3+ years of Program Management or Software Development experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting engineering practices with a proven track record of working closely with large development teams.
• Minimum of 3 years in Program Management or Software Development, demonstrating a sense of commitment to end-to-end product or service quality, completeness and the resulting user experience for the life of products and services.
• Solid technology breadth knowledge with understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies
• Hands on experience with data manipulation: ingestion/preparation/analysis/insights
• BS/BA degree or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.