If you’re a strategic PM who dives into execution mode, enjoys being hands-on and welcomes the challenges and benefits of an active collaboration with an engaged ecosystem, this is the right opportunity for you!
Within the Windows and Devices Group, the peripherals team delivers all the Windows infrastructure for all forms of printing, from the driver model to platform APIs to user experiences for the world’s most used and depended-upon computer peripherals. This includes combining traditional 2D paper printing and cutting edge 3D printing, along with Cloud services that allow cross-platform, decentralized access to printing functionality.
We work closely with printer manufacturers to provide the best experience for our shared customers, and collaborate with many Microsoft teams to help them deliver complete product solutions.
Computer peripherals are influenced by advances in technology, and both IOT and Cloud computing are changing how people think about and use peripheral devices. Windows can help lead the way and ultimately transform the way that printing devices connect to Windows, how people get access to their printing resources, and dramatically improve the user experience for making their devices work!
We are looking for a Program Manager that can help drive the vision for the future of printing, who can grow that vision, help evolve our printing infrastructure and work with the printer ecosystem to make it a reality.
• Driving critical partner engagements with the industry’s most prominent printer manufacturers, spanning consumer to enterprise
• Synthesizing new and emerging concepts and technical trends into a clear path forward for the printing business
• Being hands on and digging in and driving highly specific ideas that support the longer-term vision
• Building a deep understanding of our customers: you’ll need to embrace and understand the many ways in which customers use printing technology
• Being flexible: we want to do work that delivers the greatest value to our printing customers, and will pivot if necessary
• 3 years of Product/Program Management experience or Software Development experience
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or MBA
• Demonstrated technical depth and an ability to ramp up quickly on new technology
• Demonstrated measurable progress in ambiguous situations
• Demonstrated strong communication skills and worked effectively across multiple teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.