Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are the Core Service Engineering (CSE), Individual Productivity team and are Microsoft’s first and best customer. We apply unique and early insights to accelerate change and drive technology adoption that delivers outstanding experiences and inspires our customers and partners.
We accomplish this by defining the vision and aspirational user and IT professional experience for Microsoft’s client product portfolio (e.g. Windows, Office, Surface devices, Edge, IE, Intune, ConfigMgr, Cortana, Bing) and partner with Microsoft’s engineering groups to realize this vision across our products. We manage internal pre-release adoption of Microsoft’s products and contribute valuable insights that improve the quality of our products before they release to customers. We have a unique end-to-end view into the user experience with our products and influence into Microsoft cross-product integrated offering to make Microsoft the strongest offering in the marketplace.
Microsoft has defined Modern Client Management as one of six core employee Experiences focused on achieving higher levels of employee productivity. This role is responsible for defining, driving and implementing product features for Modern Client Management across the management (ConfigMgr/Intune) product portfolio. In this role, you’ll lead a virtual team composed of cross product engineering teams that will plan and agilely adopt product features from proof-of-concept through broad adoption. You’ll build and gain insight through business intelligence user experience studies, and lessons-learned to define the future user and IT pro experience.
We are looking for a self-driven individual who enjoys learning new technologies and can see future potential of this technology. We are passionate about the intersection of the user experience and technology and are committed to achieving new levels of user satisfaction and productivity. This position will partner closely with Microsoft engineering groups and have a direct impact on new features and capabilities.
Primary responsibilities for this position:
1. Partner across a broad set of stakeholders to define, drive and implement client management product features that will enable the Modern Management strategic vision and asperation.
2. Actively define, plan and manage the implementation of enterprise client management product features that improve the user and IT pro experiences, and continuously refine the vision and strategy based on lessons learned, evolving industry trends, new technologies, and new Microsoft product offerings.
3. Partner across a broad set of engineering group and other stakeholders to achieve sponsorship and drive realization of these product features.
4. Use a data-driven approach and complex data analysis to gain broad insights to identify opportunities to improve the products and services.
5. Develop strategic goals and KPI’s to monitor and measure the effectiveness of product and services improvements.
6. Proactively research evolving technology trends, with an emphasis on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, and investigate and seek out new opportunities to advance the vision and strategy in line with these trends.
7. Develop a strong BI (business intelligence) capability to gain broad insights and identify opportunities grounded in a data driven approach.
8. Build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies inside and outside of IT and Microsoft.
9. Engage with customers to share the Microsoft IT story, showcase Microsoft’s technology portfolio and create publicly available IT Showcase materials to drive adoption of Microsoft’s products.
Key skill sets:
1. Strong business acumen combined with a sound technical foundation.
2. Natural curiosity for modern technologies.
3. Experienced in leading and conducting complex data analysis to inform decisions.
4. Highly determined with a creative and solution oriented approach.
5. Ability to think strategically to envision future enterprise technology needs.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
7. Collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
8. Passion for the user experience.
9. Seeks out challenges and continuously strives to advance solutions.
10. Focus on quality and attention to detail.
11. Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced services environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.