Do Insider Attack stories keep you awake at night? Do you wonder about all the different ways a rogue admin could destroy your data? Do you think about all of the various avenues that could lead to doomsday scenarios? If the answer is “yes to all of the above”, then we have the perfect position for you!
The Outlook Service Storage team is the backbone of the Outlook Service within Office 365 - the #1 enterprise communication service in the world supporting many of the world’s largest organizations including many of the Fortune 500 companies as well as federal, state, and local government organizations. The Outlook Service team provides a highly distributed, scalable, reliable service for millions of people and is working towards bringing the next generation of features into O365 Substrate.
The Storage team is the keeper of many petabytes of customer data and is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s data is always Protected and Highly Available. We are looking for a Program Manager to lead the Data Protection charter, someone who is passionate and excited about identifying Insider Attack threats like large scale data destruction, application level attacks, code injection attacks and has the ability to lead the team to find solutions for detecting and preventing those attacks. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate deep technical skills and have had prior experience around the Storage stack and/or Security.
Software Engineers with a keen interest in Program Management are encouraged to apply.
You will be working closely with the engineering teams to create a roadmap for Data Protection as well as evangelizing your features to partner teams within and external to Outlook Services. The successful candidate will need to be the thought leader for the team as well as being able to roll up their sleeves to write code when needed. This is a highly visible area that requires a high degree of cross-group collaboration to deliver on some very strategic bets for Microsoft in the Storage and Security space.
• 5+ years of Software Engineering and/or Program Management experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
• Track record of going technically deep and quickly ramping up on new technologies
• Passion for solving technical problems and bringing complex ideas to life; results-driven
• Ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems
• Strong team leader with the ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal awareness to work collaboratively with a diverse set of people across groups and organizational levels
• Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively drive features through to completion
• Previous experience building cloud services and storage fundamentals a plus
Candidates must be able to meet customer security screening requirements as indicated for this role.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.