Have you ever used Bing to search for a restaurant, a hotel, a retail store? If so, you are one of our users! Local search drives roughly 20% of Bing revenues. It is a critical segment for Bing and we invest significant resources to build highly competitive local search experiences. Bing is looking for a Program Manager to be part of the local data team and ship experiences that delight our users. In this role you will define problem areas, evaluate and analyze new sources of data, and lead the execution to ship new experiences on Bing.
• Build plans for improving Local data comprehensiveness, richness, accuracy and freshness
• Identify issues, analyze patterns and define the models for how we onboard data for local businesses
• Work with our awesome engineering team to ship new features that delight our customers
• Love for data: History of creative, analytical and critical thinking related to working with data (experience in statistical analysis is a plus)
• Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter, problem solver with a can-do attitude
• Collaborator: Ability to work effectively with a large number of partners and customers
• User empathy: Ability to write simple, clear scenarios, problem statements, requirements and specifications
• Passion about the space: you love the world of local search, services, maps, and ecommerce
• Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science or related Engineering focus (e.g. mapreduce and algorithms)
• 4+ years of experience as a Program Manager, Product Manager or Data Scientist
• 4+ years of experience working with data (databases, machine learning, etc.)
• Any experience with search, online services, or e-commerce is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.