The Core Services Engineering group is leading the company’s Digital Transformation journey. We work across the entire company – building scalable, end-to-end cloud services for our future business needs. Within CSE, Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) is the team that designs, deploys and manages the internal Microsoft network infrastructure.
As a Program Manager, you will define and deliver projects and processes necessary to keep pace with the company’s rapid rate of innovation. Projects span all aspects of networking from gathering engineering requirements, carrier/provider selection, to global procurement, budgeting and forecasting, all while using an Agile methodology. (Epics -> Scenarios -> Features -> User Stories -> Tasks)
You will join a team of network engineers that manage our global carriers and provide connectivity to all Microsoft locations. You will be managing multiple projects, relationships with key global suppliers of networking hardware and software platforms, services, as well as managing budgets and spend. You will be involved in feature planning, process design, contract development and negotiation, financial planning, project delivery, policy management, while maintaining close relationships with internal stakeholders and partners.
• Collect business requirements and navigate challenges to drive real solutions for internal customers, as well as qualify, select, and manage third party suppliers to support these solutions.
• Determine best approach to be used for Program/Project delivery including budget, resourcing, product selection, service level, quality assurance, delivery commitments and other key performance contract terms.
• Define and implement a delivery model, by automating manual processes, streamlining intake, and increasing visibility to the end to end process.
• Drive meaningful analysis of business cases, operational and financial models, to quantify impact and define solutions within policy. Build reports, communicate the analysis outcome, and use the findings to drive planning or make improvements to current plans/processes.
• Develop, review and negotiate vendor proposals and contracts (hardware, software, services) while partnering with multiple liaisons (Legal, Procurement, Finance, Business Management, Product Groups, etc).
You will be successful in this role if:
• You are customer-obsessed
• You are highly motivated with exceptional multi-tasking skills
• You are a driven, personable, and high performing team player that thrives in multi-team collaboration
• You are a quick, strategic, and creative thinker
• You bring measurable improvements by challenging the status quo and driving big or small changes
• You bring a positive outlook to any situation and are comfortable with ambiguity
• BS/BA in Business, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent in work experience.
• 5 years of experience in Business Management, Program Management, Procurement or Business Analysis
• Experience with global teams and suppliers
• Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
Keywords: NIS, EIS, CPE, CSE, Core Engineering, Networking
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.