The Microsoft Services- Advanced Services Delivery (ASD) team is seeking a proven and highly motivated Solution Program Manager to be part of our digital transformation. The core business objective of the ASD organization is to 1) for Microsoft Business and Enterprise Customers - improve IT Health Outcomes, 2) for MS Services Business - enable profitability with highly scalable packaged digital devilry (impacting $300M annually). The primary business deliverables for ASD are 1) a platform for doing customer health assessments, 2) a catalog of IP that includes digital learning assets and workshops that help educate customers on how to successfully operate their IT environments.
What kind of team is ASD? People use descriptions like - hard core Agile approach, key source of Innovation for the MS Services business, Autonomous enough to be self-directed, big enough to drive Impact with a global team, small enough to feel like Family where we don’t forget to have Fun and Care for each other along the way. We are looking for seasoned Program Manager with excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft System Center and related Microsoft products. You will apply this knowledge to each customer through proactive and preventive work to promote organizational health and reduce risk at their customer site. This role requires the ability to acknowledge opportunities and solve real world customer business problems by providing proactive Services.
Additional objectives of the role:
• Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Operations Management Suite added with skills required for creation and maintenance of OMS Intelligence packages
• Advanced troubleshooting, operations, and maintenance skills for supporting Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) and System Center Operations Manager (OpsMgr) products.
• Candidates with experience in System Center Product Suite are preferred
• Working knowledge of Power Shell scripting and automation
• Industry Cloud Experience is desired.
• Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven -understanding service portfolio gaps, setting goals, and driving quality output.
• Very strong teaming and collaboration skills - internal and external to Microsoft, but also effective working independently with minimal direction.
• Defining the technical roadmap and writing detailed specifications/user stories.
• Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to execute precisely, yet creatively.
• Effectively communicate (written and oral) with customers and engineers in a way they can understand
• Understand the challenges and opportunities of developing and shipping cloud-based solutions for IT audiences.
• Manage and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives/projects Passion for Microsoft education & training.
• Experience developing services for Adult Learning, includes online and on-demand design methods.
• Designing, evolving, and communicating scenarios that enable customer and business themes.
• Use expertise in a technical area to create specifications for features or services that enable complex scenarios.
• Driving cross team processes and metrics to ensure timely releases with excellent quality.
• Leading the continuous improvement of engineering and quality practices.
• Working across business groups to ensure the long-term integrity of our product/services.
• Experience leading worldwide v-teams and Vendor/Partner relationships.
• Well-developed influence and impact and competency.
• Able to influence without authority to drive change
• Ability to step in and develop sound solution concepts for customer needs, set strategy and lead the team.
• Ability to partner with senior field and engineering leaders to provide customer insight and evolve Microsoft's Cloud Offerings
• Subject Matter Expertise in System Center Product Suite.
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related fields
• 6+ years of industry experience in Program Management or related disciplines.
• Must have proven track record of planning and delivery projects on-time and on-budget
• Proven track record of going technically deep and quickly ramping up on new technologies
• Experience leading teams and large projects within a global delivery model
• Ability to motivate disparate teams both directly and indirectly to solve issues.
• Thrive in an agile environment focused on collaboration and moving fast, knowing how to balance the need to move quickly with the need to ship quality.
• Demonstrated ability to use data to influence & drive feature decisions
• IT Service Management Experience
If you are passionate about making a difference, we like you to join our team!
One Microsoft, One Services Microsoft Services is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As one of the largest divisions inside Microsoft - with over 21,500 employees worldwide - this diverse team includes architects, consultants, support professionals, sales, and business leaders who serve customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers get the most out of their technology investments. We are proud to be the face of Microsoft to many of our customers and partners. The power of that connection, in addition to understanding how they use our products, helps us deliver the voice of our customers back to our business groups to make our technology and Microsoft even better.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.