You will be part of a close-knit incident management team based globally, responsible for owning the communication, technical writing and follow up actions for the incident, change and problem management activities that affect the cloud operations support service.
You will bring your incident management (issue resolution), stakeholder engagement and technical writing expertise to produce technical write-ups as well as internal and external customer communications.
You'll need to have worked in a SaaS environment and have previously worked closely with operation support teams and development teams to communicate the functionality of software in the most concise, consistent, easy to understand and accurate way possible.
You'll need to be able to learn quickly to gain a deep understanding of what our software does and how people use it in order to be effective.
• Responsible for coordinating with 1 st and 2nd level resolver groups during a major incident, ensure appropriate communication to senior stakeholders, coordination and closure of a major incident. Be responsible for coordinating and overseeing select major change activities and problem records
• You will be responsible for following and where feasible enhancing the incident communication process.
• Ability to moderate conference bridges with various technical teams and management participants
• Capable of providing quick and crisp documentation and articulate critical facts on ongoing issues within the major incident time line.
• Be responsible for creating and contributing to documentation of all Incident, Change and problem management activities
• Responsible in updating incidents during a major incident in the respective tools
• Escalation and crisis management leadership
Desired Skills and experience
• You'll have technical Background relevant to IT Infrastructure / platform / application support with 5 years relevant experience in handling complex incidents
• Good understanding of ITIL based incident management, problem management and change management processes.
• Knowledge / experience in writing technical documentation.
• You'll need highly developed communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• You'll be naturally well organized and be able to multitask, prioritize and learn quickly
• Willing to work in shifts as required and flexible to extend support as per organizational needs. Ability to work across cultures and time zones.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• A degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related field.
• 5 years of experience working in a mission critical operational IT infrastructure / platform / application support environment.
• ITIL v3 Trained or certified.
• Experience in Technical Writing would be an advantage.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.