At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Program Manager for the Automotive & Aerospace Solutions Division located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Program Manager
will lead cross functional teams to quote and scale-up new custom designed parts for AASD.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads 15 - 50 small projects simultaneously with > 10 of key deliverables, > 24 - 36 months in duration with > 7 team members serving multiple key account teams
- Records project information in a centralized project management system
- Defines initial project schedules and actively manage project schedules to drive projects to completion.
- Communicates key project schedule information to 3M internal team and key customer contacts
- Manages changes to parts that are already in production
- Ensures that the team meets customer specific requirements
- Collaborates with business management, stakeholders, and project team members to coordinate the planning of multiple concurrent projects
- Supports business team by consulting on key change initiatives
- Willingness to be on-call (interest question)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Three (3) years of automotive and/or aerospace industry experience
- One (1) year of project leadership experience
Location: Maplewood, MN (3M Center)Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is not authorized
- Experience in quoting and scaling up new parts to serve OEM customers
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
- An energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual
- Experience in communicating with customers
- Demonstrated capability in dealing with complexity and ambiguity
- Skills that the candidate should demonstrate:
- Problem solving utilizing resources across departments
- Influence, communication, collaboration, negotiation, resilience and determination
- Besides English, one or more of the following languages: German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Spanish
- Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or its equivalent from a similar professional organization preferred
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.