The Oracle Linux and Virtualization team builds Linux distribution, Virtualization solutions and works on next generation cloud technologies and infrastructure components. Our team also works on integrating
Linux with Oracle products and offerings.
- Direct phases of projects from inception through completion
- Responsible for schedule
- Make sure program will meet the release and quality criteria
- Facilitate scoping and estimating for new projects/programs/features/escalations
- Create full-scale project plans associated communications documents
- Responsible for establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans schedules
- Identify risks and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders
- Communicate project expectations to stakeholders and team members in a timely clear fashion
- Responsible to identify and manage project dependencies critical path
- Document the progress of project
- Provide regular updates to management, team on work performed, plans and status
- BS degree or equivalent with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Must possess a technology background
- Expertise and proven success in program and project management.
- Highly flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment with international teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Linux environment will be a huge plus
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.