Oracle is seeking an experienced Project Manager with experience in Agile Project Management / Scrum Master that can take our product development teams to transform them from Waterfall to Agile Development methodology and implement Scrum practices. The ideal candidate will bring previous experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive team productivity and increased effectiveness in value and quality of software we create. Our new Project Manager must be able to excel in an ambiguous environment and be hungry and poised to drive change within the organization.
- Drive and Manage our software development processes using Oracle's Software development methodologies
- Analyze our current processes, prioritize areas of improvement, and work alongside key stakeholders to transform the teams to implement the Agile Practices in the current processes.
- Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams
- Coach team members as needed, including resolving conflict
- Communicate project risks
- Manage projects in JIRA and Confluence; providing software training to team members as needed
- Monitor and report on key Agile performance metrics to leadership team
- Assist in training team members and other Oracle employees on Agile and Design Thinking concepts
- Manage various projects at Oracle not directly related to software development
- Above all else, foster and model a collaborative team environment driven to build great software while having fun
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Technical Background from Premier Institutions
- 6-10 Years of overall Project Management experience managing software development
- 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager
- PMP / Certified Scrum Master (CSM) / ( PMI-ACP would be a plus )
- Experience using Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Experience in Continuous Development / Continuous Integration Environment would be a plus
- Experience in Oracle Databases / Established Release processes would be a plus
- Proven leadership and motivation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must; can present formally or informally
- Can maintain a high level of energy and engagement
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.