Every day at Oracle we are powering transformative breakthroughs in healthcare and the life sciences. We deliver innovative technology that challenges the status quo and shapes how research and clinical trials are conducted. Our products touch the lives of millions of people worldwide and are a channel for discovering new ways of tackling everything from the common cold to highly infectious diseases. The Health Sciences GBU (HSGBU) at Oracle provides the technology for the world's largest Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Healthcare organizations to improve the quality of healthcare outcomes as well as improving the lives of others. If you are looking to use technology to make a difference in the world, this is the place for you.
Program managers own a program or a set of product suite and keep all aspects of engineering delivery on track. Cross-functional in all of below is engineering functions - development, QC, automation, performance, configuration management, environment management, UX, business analysts, technical writing product management. Alignment, tracking, and follow up to drive delivery of cross functional requirements for product GA including Services and Support readiness, Security Assessments, Price List, Service Descriptions, Training/Enablement for Sales and Marketing, Cloud Hosting, etc.
• Lead projects through the entire project/program lifecycle (not product lifecycle)
• Drive end to end program management including: Product Development, SDLC, Cloud Deployment, and Cross Functional Release Readiness (Business Readiness).
• Work with scrum masters of all the teams of all the products in a program to understand where the program really is and be the right hand of the development VP and development GVP
•Manage cross-functional and cross product team communication within the development team.
•Facilitate and lead scrum of scrums
•Facilitate and lead program retrospectives
Managing and standardizing programs
• Lead, create and deliver program reviews
• Make sure program will meet the release and quality criteria
• Work with dev ops to standardize metrics, trend charts as required to manage the program
Schedules and Estimates
• Facilitate scoping and estimating for new projects/programs/features/escalations
• Work with cross functional and cross product teams to come up with a proposed schedule and milestones
•Participate in negotiation and commitment of schedules/scope/resource commitment
• Manage committed project schedules
• Track and manage any changes to milestones
• Communicate the impact of feature or schedule changes to teams that are potentially affected
Risk and problem Management
• Identify risks and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders
• Manage risks and propose solutions
• Identify problem statements and move from those to appropriate and data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions. Then drive alignment across all stakeholders
• Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur.
•Work with cross functional and product teams to identify dependencies within the project and across teams and track them
• Work with cross-functional team leadership to establish goals and milestones that align with design requirements and account for development team dependencies.
• Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external (Fusion/Siebel/ADF etc.) or even our own internal development teams as deliverables change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices.
• Partner with OCI Cloud Hosting team to align development and deployment activities and optimize delivery of Cloud GA
•Assist with Agile training and provide coaching as needed.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.