Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for providing senior program management leadership. Drives
the organization's strategic plan and leads complex enterprise-wide
programs that affect multiple organizations and have wide-ranging
impact. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements, and benefits in
support of the organization's goals. Leads and guides junior members of
the broader program management organization.
- Drives the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements
and budget process.
- Leads key planning milestones.
- Consults on the overall program management framework for an
- Ensures the program roadmap is prioritized and developed.
- Identifies, confirms, and obtains participation from required cross-
functional teams. Ensures team clearly understands roles and
responsibilities for the duration of the program.
- Leads the development and management of program plans. Facilitates and
drives the core team to identify and schedule all the work for end-to-
end deployment required to fulfill program scope. Ensures management of
upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Identifies business and operational goals and successes criteria,
drives the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, and
successes criteria for the program with key stakeholders and core team.
Raises conflicts and resolves with the appropriate level of management
engagement to build consensus. Obtains and assigns resources to the
- Determines the cost and budget; performs resource forecasting.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and
managing critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency plans
and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation
- Identifies and helps the team make program tradeoffs to balance scope,
time, and costs. Ensures proper documentation.
- Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments
consistent with plan objectives. Drives action item resolution and
tracks completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and
ensures overall committed timelines are met. Ensures documentation of
all major plan changes in scope, approach, and date delivery.
- Leads senior executive readouts about program status, changes,
escalations and business case assessments. Works with Enterprise Program
Management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and
communications are followed.
- Ensures quality of program deliverables. Leads core team and key field
resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies, and
tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through
trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of program
management best practices.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Engineering
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer