In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The Brighthouse Technology Project / Program Leader is responsible for the following:
- Manages complex cross departmental or enterprise wide projects / programs
- Identifies and assembles the resources required to support the work
- Works with the customer to define the approach and scope of projects / programs
- Leads project review meetings, documents project status, updates project plans, resolves issues and reports critical items including action plans to management
- Facilitates required governance and communications
- Provides SME (subject matter expertise) support to the team
- Develops and implements projects / programs level guidance
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Oversees various highly complex projects and coordinates the management of multiple related projects
- Provides oversight and works with project managers in the program to monitor cost, schedule and technical performance of work, while ensuring the ultimate success of the program
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including all key stakeholders and vendors
- Assembles project teams, assigns individual responsibilities and identifies resources needed
- Determines and documents program and project scope and deliverables based on documentation and requirements supplied
- Creates and administers project plan
- Engages Project Management counterparts, customers and project stakeholders to ensure continued alignment with Enterprise and functional objectives
- Communicates with assigned resources to ensure on-time completion of planned tasks
- Resolves project issues through direct action or escalation when appropriate
- Implements risk management standards into the program to ensure all risks are identified and properly mitigated
- Facilitates project meetings and produces meeting minutes
- Reports on project status using defined templates
- Collaborates with project team to create and maintain project documentation based on requirements development
- Improves team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency and boost morale.
- Leverages industry expertise to develop and implement project guidance, templates and tools.
- Operates as an internal consultant directing the work of all levels of management
- Demonstrates leadership and influence in solution development
- Drives recommendations into the annual strategic planning process, ensuring outputs are aligned to the highest strategic priorities Dimensions:
- Functional oversight and matrix management
- Provides guidance and SME to members of the project team
- Manages the relationship of vendor sourced solutions and consultants, as necessary Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in various business or technology roles with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry
- 8-10 years project and program management experience
- Subject matter expert in project management concepts such as Scope, Communication, Financial and Risk Management practices
- Experience working with Project Portfolio Management tools
- Possesses strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Comprehensive to expert knowledge with technology concepts and system development lifecycle methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, etc.)
- Extensive experience with managing offshore teams and/or vendors
- Experience working with office automation tools (MS Office, email, Internet, etc.)
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of translating senior-level direction and corporate risk management policies and procedures into structured, practical, efficient and effective business processes. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation - across a broad range of levels in the organization
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access
- Experienced with technology portfolio and risk management tools and data facilities Preferred Qualifications
- People management experience preferred
- Financial Services and / or Insurance Industry experience preferred Required Education
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience required Travel
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 13M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.