Leads, organizes, directs, manages and controls activities of programs that are large, inter-related and complex in scope. Programs involve participation from and have an impact on multiple functions within a division. Programs include those of significant magnitude and importance to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives. Project work typically has a sizeable, major impact on the corporation/division. Budget responsibilities are based on program requirements.
- Leads, organizes, directs, manages and controls inter-related activities or multiple complex programs.
- Directs activities to ensure high quality results within defined time and budget schedules. Manages program from inception to completion.
- Responsible for programs that are cross-functional, cross-divisional, and are of significant magnitude and important to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives. Directs a large program plan.
- Ensures projects are completed according to time and budget schedules, and that objectives conform to division overall standards and operations objectives and project requirements.
- Resolves high level conflicts and negotiates with stakeholders
- Manages the identification of needed expertise and requirements. Directs the activities of project teams through Project Managers and Senior Project Managers. Oversees the performance management of matrixed team.
- Contributes to and presents findings of standard and ad hoc management reports to senior management and stakeholders.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of project management experience.
- At least 2 years of program management experience.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience presenting and reporting on program plans and cost-benefit analysis to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences preferred.
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience in indirect management of team members OR 2 years of direct management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Knowledge of business practices as related to project specialty area, such as IT, HR, ecommerce, etc.
- Experience facilitating with strategic planning initiatives.
- Experience with PPM tools.
- Project/Portfolio Management experience.
- Certification in Project Management such as CAMP or PMP as granted by PMI OR Willingness to obtain certification in Project Management such as CAMP or PMP as granted by PMI within 1 year of hire date.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.