Do you view Supply Chain as a playground of opportunity? Oracle Worldwide Operations manages the hardware supply chain for both the (external) commercial business and also for internal customers in support of the rapidly growing Oracle Cloud. In responding to increasingly complex business environment, a new Center of Excellence organization within Global Planning & Fulfillment has been formed to focus on designing, scaling & transforming business processes, system capabilities & advanced analytics to enable successful GP&F operations & optimize business outcome We are seeking highly-talented supply chain professionals can strengthen our capabilities and help enable the broader business objectives. The Data Scientist is responsible for enabling predictive analytics/models for GP&F operation consumptions. Work closely with Business Architect, Functional Experts & Operations to provide business insights extracted through various models from large structured or un-structured data. If you enjoy taming ambiguity and complexity by developing value-add structure, new capabilities & process agility, this challenge may be for you. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create Business insights for large dataset / structured & un-structured
- Design, develop and deliver actionable insights to drive growth, improve forecast accuracy and increase profitability & customer satisfaction
- Analyze large data sets to develop new models and algorithms to predict demand & supply performance, trend, cost, customer satisfactions etc.
- Develop data driven algorithm for optimization of desired variable performance
- Improve model accuracy
- Partner with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas
- Provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization
- College degree or equivalent and 7 years of data management experience
- Broad experience in high tech Supply Chain strategy and execution.
- Mathematical and Statistical Analysis - Probability, Regression, Correlation, Significance
testing, Forecasting, Optimization, Multivariate Analysis, Factor Analysis, CyberSecurity
- Machine Learning - Regression, Clustering, Decision Trees, K-Means, Neural nets, Naive
Bayes, Artificial Intelligence, Fuzzy Logic, Predictive Analysis
- Predictive Modeling and Analytics: R, SAS, Excel, Octave, SciPY, NumPY, Pandas,Tableau, Microstrategy, Qlikview, OBIEE, SAS, Business Objects, Pentaho
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server,Vertica
- Big Data / NoSQL: Hadoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Cassandra
- Languages: Python, R, SAS, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace and dynamic environment with a level of ambiguity consistent with new business models.
- Team player, excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.