IBM Cloud has a global network that is deployed using cutting-edge platforms and is looking for a high quality and driven Project Manager for our team within Cloud IaaS. The Program Manager is responsible for successfully maintaining the projects within Direct Link as a whole. They will be a resource manager for the project team and maintaining all manner of project relationships with external and internal customers while consistently monitoring, managing, and reporting on project resource activities, timelines, deliverables. This role is accountable for managing the overall deliverables through the project managers in accordance with project expectations, as well as the authoring or project standards, policies, and procedures to insure scalable project executions in the future. This role will be focused on the entire back log and on-going projects within the department. Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Ability to manage and maintain a portfolio of projects in accordance with standards defined.
- Accountability for, and focus on, defined annual objectives for Direct Link projects and activities.
- Efficient and effective throughput of implementation and other professional services projects for timely revenue recognition and maximum customer satisfaction
- Operational responsibility for the following functions:
- Create and maintain detailed work plans
- Work with clients to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables
- Obtain required resources by working with project staff, clients, and subcontractors
- Communicate and review work assignments with development team, clients, and subcontractors
- Manage client responsibilities and expectations
- Manage day-to-day project activities
- Manage project scope - review changes with the client and other project staff, then resolve and document those changes with the customer
- Maintain project issues log
- Manage project to pre-defined project financial reports
- Provide proper communications to the client, management, and team members
- Identify opportunities for value-added functions during development and operations
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives when appropriate.
- Participate in proposal development and pricing estimates when needed.
- Provide information and feedback to Business Development when requested.