LinkedIn connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful and transforms the ways companies hire, market and sell. Our vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce through the ongoing development of the world's first Economic Graph. LinkedIn has more than 467 million members and has offices around the world.
We are looking for a passionate, authentic, and dynamic individual to join the team as Program Manager for our Economic Graph team. The Economic Graph team is a multi-disciplinary group at LinkedIn that blends Economic Research, Analytics, and Civic Engagement. The team works with external audiences and partners to bring to life data insights and venture projects that demonstrate the power of LinkedIn's Economic Graph. The ability to work as part of a team that influences the world's leading policymakers and government leaders makes this a once-in-a-career opportunity.
In this role you will work closely with EG leadership to establish key operating metrics, processes and reporting that enable the team to be effective at greater scale. You will be the primary architect, implementer, and manager of many of the team's core working processes, including communications, knowledge sharing, and collaboration. You will partner closely with EG leadership to lead the team through quarterly objective setting and annual planning.
This role will require a strong understanding of LinkedIn's business, vision and concept of Economic Graph; a strong ability to understand the EG Research, Analytics and Civic Engagement agenda; and the ability to examine and improve the way the team works so that our team performance is as inspiring as our vision of creating economic opportunity for the global workforce. Responsibilities
- Establish key operating metrics, processes and reporting for the cross-functional EG team.
- Establish and run day to day operations for the team, including recurring meetings, periodic reporting, and team communications.
- Document team functions and workflows in a way that is easily accessible, and aligned with LI best practices.
- Establish regular communication channels (including use of Office 365, and Teams) and practices (meetings and asynchronous collaboration) that enable knowledge sharing and communication across the EG team.
- Develop frameworks to assist the team in objectively prioritizing research, initiatives and external partnerships that best enable completion of EG team objectives.
- In close coordination with EG executive leadership, this individual will guide the EG team through quarterly objective setting and annual planning activities, including alignment with key cross-functional organizations.
- 3+ years' experience in an operating role including experience with working with situations that require decisiveness in an ambiguous, dynamic environment.
- Experience with creating highly effective team structure and managing day to day operations.
- Experience with leading process discovery and change in a high growth environment.
- Experience in strategy consulting or comparable internal strategy role where problem solving, structured decision-making and executive communications were highly important.
- Experience in a mission-driven organization with complex business and social models and objectives.
- Working knowledge of big data infrastructure, including data ingestion, standardization, and analytics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to present complex ideas simply, directly and elicit meaningful feedback.
- Ability to frame and solve problems in an objective way, and to lead others through efficient and structured methods of decision-making.
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.