The Community and Influencer team within the DX (Developer Experience and Evangelism) organization is looking for a high performing program manager evangelist. This position will provide a self-motivated individual a unique opportunity to drive strategic engagement with top technical community influencers to build preference for Microsoft platform and skills that drive the development and deployment of leading applications and services.
This program management evangelist position is responsible for delivering against DX Community Influencer strategy by partnering with various teams in DX and enabling deep technology focused interactions by working directly with business and engineering groups. This position has senior leadership visibility and will effectively partner with field, business and engineering groups in order to deliver a highly-valued and connected experience for community influencers. The most notable of which are Microsoft MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals). The MVP program is an award program which recognizes exceptional technology community leaders who passionately share their knowledge with communities, always on the “bleeding edge” and have an unstoppable urge to get their hands on new and exciting technologies. They have very deep knowledge of Microsoft products and services, while also being able to bring together diverse platforms, products and solutions to solve real world problems. We are looking for the right candidate to lead our engagement strategy with influencers, deepen our relationship with broader technical community and grow industry influence to adopt Microsoft platform and services in the Mobile First and Cloud First world.
High Level key responsibilities include:
• Drive strategic planning for global influencer engagement
• Build trusted relationship across range of Microsoft teams to engage and sustain healthy, vibrant technical communities for Microsoft
• Deepen Engineering Group relationships to provide early, often, and deep technical connections to enable the community influencers as the best experts in their focused technology areas
• Strategize and source community readiness content in alignment with the business priority and community delivery needs
• Provide quality analysis and insight into the overall success of our engagement strategy and value proposition and recommend solutions to business obstacles
• Drive community and influencer program excellence
• Optimize internal business processes and collaborate with various internal virtual teams to drive program innovation and transformation
• Manage escalations from both internal business stakeholders and external customers
• 5 years of experience in the high-tech industry
• Broad understanding of industry, technology and audience trends and competition
• Passion and rich experience in managing technical community
• Strong desire to lead innovation and transformation to advance business priorities
• Deep Knowledge in software development technologies
• Demonstrated excellence in cultivating and managing business relationships
• Exceptional decision-making, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, and follow through
• Demonstrated success in driving complex strategies and projects, strong verbal and written communication and proven project management skills
• Strong cross group collaboration with peers, technical leaders, and other product & marketing groups across DX and Microsoft.
• Executive presence and business maturity
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the high-tech industry with a solid understanding of technical community, audience marketing and social networking. A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science, information systems and or business is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.