What you will do
Management of Johnson Controls' business relationships with US Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering & Support Center (CEHNC) with a focus on all activity related to contracting, program management and engineering activities under assigned contracting vehicles. Develops comprehensive account plans to communicate customer's needs, strategic plans, key customer drivers, customer organization, and business opportunities across multiple contracting vehicles as well as the overall upper management organization. As part of account planning team, works with Johnson Controls Federal & Regional Leadership to identify and manage Key and Target accounts within the contracting vehicles. Manages customer relationships to understand required CEHNC approval process and leverages customer relationships to position Johnson Controls as the preferred contractor under all associated contracting vehicles. Acts as the primary point of contact between CEHNC and the broader Johnson Controls organization on all issues related to the contracting, program management, and engineering issues.
Works closely with Johnson Controls Federal Systems Leadership team, Building Technology & Solutions (BT&S) Teams and the entire field sales organization to communicate customer opportunities and to understand critical Johnson Controls business opportunities that require regional and/or agency headquarter approvals. Responsible for understanding and communicating the strategic direction for CEHNC so that new business opportunities can be identified and developed. Facilitates meetings with key CEHNC executive personnel and Johnson Controls executives for developing new innovative business opportunities. Provides leadership and direction for resolving possible conflicts between CEHNC and all Johnson Controls field entities both CONUS and OCONUS.
Assists the Federal Leadership team with the Strategic Plan, with an emphasis on specific opportunities under the CEHNC procurement process and fulfill unique CEHNC's contractual and programmatic needs. Provides coaching and mentoring to the Federal Sales team and entire Branch organization to better position Johnson Controls as the preferred contractor. Supports the Federal Leadership, JCI Area & Branch Leadership on their annual plans specific to Federal Key and Target customer accounts across all agencies.
Location: Huntsville, AL
Travel: Up to 40%
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
1. Develop strategies and tactics that promote year-over-year secured volume growth for assigned contracting vehicles. Represent the organization for companywide goals and initiatives.
2. Work closely with Federal and BT&S Sales and Development Leadership to assist in positioning JCI offerings to targeted Federal Government customers while demonstrating complete ownership of the contracting vehicles and their deliverables.
3. Work with Executive Leadership and Functional Managers to coordinate and prioritize communication on risks at the contract and task order level.
4. Work with Huntsville PMO front-office proposal development team to ensure timely submission of proposal responses to CEHNC request for proposals and all modifications to UMCS/UMCS SATOC, M&S existing contracts/task orders and other contracting vehicles as assigned.
5. Work closely with Product Management and Engineering organizations to develop future products applicable under the appropriate contracting vehicles.
6. Facilitate and develop processes in conjunction with other functional managers related to safety, proposal effort, operational deliverables associated with applicable contract vehicles.
7. Anticipate risks caused by field conditions and facilitate contingency plans, mitigation strategies and communications to enable operational excellence.
8. Conduct internal Program Reviews and CEHNC Line Item Reviews on a regular basis, ensure participation by relevant sponsors and stakeholders, report summary program status on monthly basis, and ensure program documentation for targeted growth and program expansion.
9. Remain current on industry standards and practices. Provide team with industry and competitive knowledge and leverage field applications and best practices as applicable to contracting vehicles. Represent Johnson Controls as the contract vehicle subject matter expert in professional and market related organizations on a Regional or National basis demonstrating Program Leadership.
10. Promote awareness and adherence to Johnson Controls safety, ethics and integrity policies.
11. Perform team training, assessment and evaluations to applicable contracting vehicles
12. Support task order proposal efforts under the Federal request for proposal process and proposal effort during the re-compete stages of existing contracting vehicles.
What we look for
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical field, or Business Management.
2. Eight or more years of experience with building-related systems or services.
3. Eight or more years of experience within the US federal government market.
4. Proven leadership skills and experience in managing a technical team requiring multi-project management skills.
5. Strong process orientation and development skills with proven ability to motivate non-direct report team members.
6. Excellent business analysis capabilities.
7. Must demonstrate high comfort level working in a matrix organization.
8. Formal report writing experience and excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
9. Possesses solid working knowledge of common computer applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.).
10. Ability to travel up to 40%.
11. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.). Active security clearance preferred.
1. Registered Professional Engineer, Masters of Business Administration, or Advanced Engineering degree preferred.
2. Experience working with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
3. Experience working with Maintenance and Service (M&S), Utility Monitoring and Control Systems (UMCS), Energy Saving Performance Contracts (ESPC), and other federal contracting vehicles.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.