Splunk is an enterprise software company that provides the world's leading software to monitor, report and analyze gigabytes to terabytes of live streaming IT data on-premises or in the cloud. More than 14,000 customers in over 100 countries use Splunk to gain valuable insights from their IT data to improve service levels, reduce IT operations costs, mitigate security risks, increase compliance levels, and drive new levels of operational visibility through operational security and intelligence. Our employees are some of the brightest minds in search technology and business from Disney, Infoseek, Apple, Hyperion, Autodesk, Informix, Oracle, Microsoft and Yahoo, and have built some of the most creative IT management products of the last decade at Business Objects, Collation, Mercury, Sun and Wily.
- Splunk is seeking a Program Manager to help drive its development projects.
- As a Program Manager at Splunk, you will work closely with the Director of Program Management. You will be responsible for multiple, simultaneous development projects and own planning, coordination, risk mitigation, organization and tracking of those programs through to deployment. You will oversee development touch points with other internal groups, such as Release Engineering and Solutions. You will help to oversee Beta Programs and Usability activities during release.
- You will work closely with cross functional groups with members from Product Management, Design, Engineering, Docs, Education and Marketing. You will track and report critical metrics on program sprint progress and track and drive resolution of issues.
- You have 5+ years of experience in software project management or closely related roles, with at least 2-3 years working within an agile or scrum methodology.
- You should have experience managing multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross functional groups. Should have strong skills in critical tools including Excel, Confluence, Jira, calendaring systems, source code control systems.
- You should have a strong sense of the product being managed, and can help product management manage scope, mitigate risks, and ship the right things to customers
- You should understand software release processes for both downloadable and enterprise and cloud software.
- You should excel at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. Should be able to juggle multiple, challenging priorities. Should be able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately. Should possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong sense of project ownership and willingness to go above and beyond to seek out loose ends and deliver projects on time, with expected feature sets.
- Strong technical acumen is required, with basic knowledge of key web and software development technologies including but not limited to Java, Python, and C C++. This knowledge doesn't need to be completely hands-on, but at a level of understanding required to handle development tasks and identify and resolve issues in development projects as they arise.
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI CD systems are a huge plus.
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- SCRUM Master certification a plus
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to be a founding member of a brand new business unit working like a startup but with a large community of passionate users
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our employees through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.