Since 1918, it has been TIAA-CREF’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA-CREF, visit our website.
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC, Denver, CO, Dallas, TX, or Potential Remote
The Institutional Retirement Plan Services (IRPS) Team is responsible for driving efficient and client centered solutions for our retirement institutional clients. This team ensures successful record keeping operations, new implementations and plan changes while maintaining a compliant regulatory environment with a diligent focus on continual improvement.
This role will serve as Program Manager for a strategic initiative involving client transitions/migrations from one platform to another. This is a multi-year effort that involves management of several different internal areas including: IT, Relationship Management, Operations, Senior Leader/Stakeholder management and Regular Reporting to Steering Committees.
Core responsibilities include leading program execution efforts, weekly reporting, requirements gathering sessions, process flow modeling, developing risk mitigation strategies and holding others accountable for their role in the program. This role will present regularly to the Senior Leadership Team and to the Steering Committee. The outputs from this role are critical for the success of being able to deliver results on a high profile, multi-year effort that is a top priority for executive management. This person will need to be able to quickly show a high degree of competence around for the TIAA client base and recordkeeping services. Ability to develop strong partnerships and communicate complex issues succinctly is critical to success in this role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Facilitate weekly program meetings with members of the project team representing Information Technology (IT), Operations, Marketing, Institutional Relations (IR), and Product to capture and communicate enterprise strategies.
• Create processes for client transitions to a new technology solution
• Use data collection methods to aggregate large amounts of data in order to inform an execution strategy
• Make decisions for execution strategy based on priorities, capacity, and trade-off options; and present substantive and transparent reasoning for decisions to stakeholder groups
• Present decisions and results to the Senior Leadership Team regularly
• Develop strong partnerships with individual representatives from Sales, IR, IT, Marketing, ICS, and Product to facilitate rapid decision making
• Maintain strict adherence to processes for capturing data and information in order to create transparency
• Coaching, mentoring, and training skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including active listening skills.
• Analytical thinker and problem solver.
• Ability to influence partners and leaders.
• Collaborate with key corporate, business unit and divisional partners, for the delivery of results, independent decision making, and establishment of a culture of continuous improvement (e.g. Change Management, Communications).
• Collaborate with company leaders to ensure that the intended priorities are met. This will include presenting regularly to members of the Senior Leadership Team and driving frank discussions regarding how outcomes are trending in terms of organizational priorities.
• Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of project management experience required
• 6+ years of MS Excel and PowerPoint experience
• 6+ years’ experience data analytics
• 2+ years of process management / process mapping experience
• 3+ years’ experience managing Sr. Project Manager experience
• Ability to problem solve with complex data which includes manipulation of large amounts of complex data and transforming it into understandable deliverables highly preferred
• 5+ years consulting with executive leaders on challenges & opportunities, provide recommendations and agree to timely decisions highly preferred
• Experience of or solid understanding of large program deliveries involving deliverables from several company areas highly preferred
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to achieve significant results including integrated teams with senior members
• 5+ years supporting divisional or department-wide projects/programs highly preferred
• MBA and 8+ years in project management experience preferred
• PMP, Six Sigma or other project discipline certification preferred
• 3+ years consulting experience in a top consulting firm preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment.
Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2015 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America-College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.