Do you passionately believe all your devices should have the internet connectivity whenever you need? Are you someone who thrives on getting the team pumped up and motivated to do the right thing while having fun? Do you enjoy having the first access to new devices light up your new features to delight our customers?
If you answered yes to all of these, we have the opportunity for you!
Your ability to drive a plan from ambiguity, work with multiple partners, rally the team to get buy-in from all the key stakeholders to deliver compelling features and end user value is what we are looking for.
Windows is in the midst of a transformation into a platform that targets Creators, enabling our users to “do amazing things in 3D and virtual reality, quickly connect and share with people, and enjoy epic gaming with 4K fidelity and game broadcasting”. Creators do not want to be occupied thinking about connectivity and mobility, they want to be “creating”. The center of being mobile is the connectivity and we are the team who builds the advanced connectivity platform to delight our customers and partners.
You may have seen recent announcements like the WinHEC 2016 keynote that shared news about enablement of a whole new class of Windows devices including Windows on ARM with the LTE embedded. We’re working on a set of features enabling Windows devices to go mobile and help our users stay connected.
This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated and passionate technical program manager with a great track record, to drive new innovations and Windows capabilities. Come help us shape the future of Windows!
• Own and drive multiple features areas related to 5G, Cellular, IMS [IP Multimedia Subsystem], and modem technologies
• Develop and engineering plan supporting co-engineering with both internal and external partners
• Work with software engineering counterparts to develop required features
• Partner with multiple product teams to develop execution plans
• Identify, document, communicate and build consensus around a set of requirements for partners
• At least 10 years of technical program management experience with proven success on consumer products
• At least 5 years of experience with wireless platform engineering in a Dev, QA, or PM role
• Ability to drive a program by shaping situations and motivating others to get their parts done.
• Ability to anticipate, quickly scale and excel in changing and complex environments. Assist others in doing the same.
• Effectively navigate complex business challenges in ambiguous settings, take appropriate risks and manage risks well.
• Strong courage and conviction with high capability of handling ambiguity
• Excellent organizational and collaboration (cross-group and cross-company) skills -- experience working in highly complex organizations preferred
• Expertise in 5G, mobile broadband, cellular modems, IMS base features preferred
• Ability to develop simple and efficient processes and procedures to facilitate cross-company engineering need
• Excellent verbal and written communication, with skill in negotiation and influencing partners, both inside and outside the company
• BS or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related experience
• Ability to read, digest and distill some of the most complex and tedious specifications published by the 3GPP and mobile operators around the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.