Program Manager II
How would you like to own features for Microsoft’s 1ES hybrid cloud for engineering testing and development? Does the prospect of going from defining customer requirement to shipping to production service in a couple of months excite you? If so this Program Manager position could be your next great career move.
The WDG Engineering Systems ESP team offers the opportunity to give engineers across Microsoft an awesome code development experience. We are in the business of making individual developer code validation and system test highly scalable, efficient and feature rich, removing the need for teams to own their own hardware. ESP offers specialized private cloud environments and devices in a unified cloud. A large area of innovation is support for specialized hardware needed by Windows teams.
This job requires working across WDG teams and wider Microsoft teams to understand and define specialized testing needs. It includes authoring user stories to vision documents and leading ES engineering teams in an Agile development process. If you’re comfortable working in a fast paced environment, dealing with ambiguity and evolving priorities, and you have some background in server or cloud services then this could be the job for you.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading a feature team, gathering requirements from a variety of engineering team customers, distilling them into prioritized scenarios and features, and driving those solutions to successful implementation
• Writing functional specifications, demonstrating a keen understanding of the engineering ecosystem and associated interdependencies
• Working closely with engineers and operations to make sure the final implementation meets customer goals and expectations and foster a climate of collaboration, accountability and results
• Ensuring that the right schedule/scope tradeoffs are made, and projects are successfully completed on time and within budget
• Ensuring our services are reliable, performant, secure, and scalable
• Minimum 2 years prior Program Management experience
• Must possess strong technical skills and project management skills
• Great design and problem solving skills
• Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to work across multiple disciplines and teams to achieve great results
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to negotiate compromises, consolidate and integrate a wide range of inputs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.