Do you want to contribute to one of the company’s fastest growing businesses? Are you looking for an engineering role where you can interact directly with enterprise developers and System Integrators to help them integrate our services into their applications? If yes, then we are looking for you!
Microsoft is a leader in delivering great online services including O365 and Azure for the largest to smallest organizations around the world. Azure Active Directory is the identity and access foundation for these Microsoft online services and thousands of other third-party cloud SaaS apps. The Identity Customer Experience (CxP) team must quickly onboard customers to our services, ensure a great customer and partner experience, and create a responsive data-driven customer/engineering feedback loop.
Our team is looking for an experienced self-starter to manage and expand our SaaS App integrations and drive consumer and enterprise Software as a Service developers (SaaS) to add Microsoft sign-in to their apps. This role will be critical as our group focuses on creating compelling value in Microsoft Identity Services to onboard more and more customers using Azure Active Directory. As a Program Manager, you will be responsible to develop a keen understanding of what motivates the typical SaaS ISV decision maker when it comes to sign up and sign in, drive the design and delivery to scale our SaaS integrations operation program for user provisioning (ex. via SCIM standard, etc.), and lead the technical relationship between 3rd Party SaaS Apps (ISV/Developers) and Microsoft.
The ideal candidate will be a go-getter who can work in a dynamic environment, thrive in ambiguity, and is able to prioritize and deliver with minimal oversight. You will have a strong customer empathy and excellent cross-group and communication skills. You will be joining a team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people.
As a member of the Identity Division’s Customer Experience team, you will:
• Work closely with engineering to resolve developer issues when they integrate their apps
• Engage deeply with customers and engineering to drive change, identify gaps, and synthesize feedback to recommend product or documentation solutions
• Enhance the knowledge base around Azure Identity and Access Management across Developers and Partner communities
• Candidate will need a good combination of project management skills, plus familiarity with web services technologies (e.g. SOAP/REST APIs)
• Manage integration of third party SaaS applications using all the supported federation protocols (such as SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth etc.) in Azure Active Directory using web and mobile single sign-on techniques.
• Maintain a working demo/lab environment for problem solving and self-initiated learning
• Develop and document best practices based on your learnings with actual customer integration
• Solve key partner technical challenges and platform issues, be the voice of the developer and escalate within Identity engineering appropriately
• Build solid working relationships with diverse, global stakeholder groups and individuals
• Understand industry trends and benchmarks, advocate for capitalizing on any potential opportunities with Identity engineering leadership
• Identify and influence business/engineering systems (process, people and tools) roadmaps to ensure operational readiness and adoption of capabilities being implemented
The ideal candidate must have these requirements:
• 5+ years of PM experience shipping software
• Personal drive and impact with a track record of rolling up your sleeves and making things happen
• Demonstrate technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly master service capabilities, technical issues, business trends, and customer needs
• Ability to distill and communicate complex business and technical strategic priorities into actionable engineering plans
• Strong technical skills to go deep (500 level) and broad to cover the full mobility space with focus on Identity
• Strong affinity to drive agile and flexible team culture (do what it takes mindset)
• Bias toward partner & business goals rather than personal goals
• Track record of high customer satisfaction in a customer or partner facing role
• Strong collaboration, project management, and relationship management skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Previous technical knowledge on development and operation of SOAP and REST web services is a nice to have
• Previous technical knowledge on different Federation Protocols like SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth and WS-Federation is a nice to have
• Previous experience developing applications or working on developer-oriented products is a nice to have
This position offers:
• A fast-paced, exciting work environment where there are always new challenges and a bias toward action
• Opportunities to showcase your technical skills while directly helping customers and partners at the same time
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.